Aug 27, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
While Team USA was busy having meetings during their Olympic orientation camp in Virginia, the “main event” was the unveiling of the jerseys they’ll be wearing during the 2014 Games in Sochi.
Without further ado, here they are from Heidi Burgett at Nike.
Let me do my best Tim Gunn impression here:
The crest is impressive. It’s an old-school throwback look that appeared in smaller form on the 2010 jerseys. It’s old-timey looking and cool. No problems there.
Everything else? Debatable.
The road blue jersey is the better of the two if for no reason other than the striping isn’t quite so bad. The single red stripe on the white jersey is a touch off-putting.
The stars embedded on the shoulders of both jerseys will get a lot of flack, but it’s an American jersey and it’s all about the stars and stripes, baby! We’re just kind of lacking on the stripes is all (apologies to the 13 original colonies).
The one unforgivable sin here is the lacing on the collars as they’re not even real laces.
Canadian fans are sure to get their digs in but just keep in mind: Nike is designing their jerseys as well. Let’s hear your thoughts in the comments.
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 0
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 27
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)