Aug 27, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
If you thought you’d seen the last of Linus Omark in Edmonton, guess again!
The team announced they’ve signed the highly-skilled forward to a one-year deal. Omark spent last season in Switzerland with Zug after getting tired of waiting for the Oilers to make an offer to him as a restricted free agent.
UPDATE (1:57 p.m. ET): Mark Spector of Sportsnet reports it’s a two-way deal worth $600,000 in the NHL and $100,000 in the AHL.
Earlier this month, Omark said he was eager to return to the NHL but wouldn’t say who he was speaking with. Now we know it just happened to be his old team. Back in May there was speculation he would return to Edmonton. Guess there was a little something to that.
Now someone will have to break the news to him gently that the NHL has eliminated the spin-o-rama in the shootout.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 2
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55