Aug 27, 2013, 11:10 AM EST
If you thought you’d seen the last of Linus Omark in Edmonton, guess again!
The team announced they’ve signed the highly-skilled forward to a one-year deal. Omark spent last season in Switzerland with Zug after getting tired of waiting for the Oilers to make an offer to him as a restricted free agent.
UPDATE (1:57 p.m. ET): Mark Spector of Sportsnet reports it’s a two-way deal worth $600,000 in the NHL and $100,000 in the AHL.
Earlier this month, Omark said he was eager to return to the NHL but wouldn’t say who he was speaking with. Now we know it just happened to be his old team. Back in May there was speculation he would return to Edmonton. Guess there was a little something to that.
Now someone will have to break the news to him gently that the NHL has eliminated the spin-o-rama in the shootout.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 0
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 0
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 20
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)