Aug 27, 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
Some good news on Rangers day — defenseman Marc Staal reported that “all is well” with his injured right eye.
What’s more, Staal will be ready to go when the Blueshirts open training camp on Sept. 11 — this according to Stephen Whyno of the Canadian Press.
The news comes six months after Staal was struck in the eye with a puck during a game against Philadelphia. The injury cost him 27 regular season games and 11 of New York’s 12 playoff contests, as Staal attempted to return during the Boston series but quickly removed himself from the lineup, saying “on the ice it didn’t go particularly well.”
The 26-year-old blueliner has said his eye will never be the same but, in June, also said he didn’t expect it to be a problem in the future.
“My belief is that once everything settles down and I get comfortable with it, I’ll never have to be asked about it again,” Staal explained. “I don’t think it’ll be an issue.”
Mar 29, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
The Penguins defenseman suffered a concussion.
Mar 29, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
Rau recorded at least 40 points in each of his NCAA campaigns.
Mar 29, 2015, 12:11 PM EDT
The good news is that he’s out of the hospital.
Mar 29, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
He’s looking forward to the challenge.
Mar 29, 2015, 10:42 AM EDT
Roy coached the forward in the QMJHL.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:57 AM EDT
They’ll talk after the season.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:14 AM EDT
Both teams have depleted bluelines.
Mar 29, 2015, 1:40 AM EDT
Vancouver leads L.A. by three points in the Pacific Division.
Mar 29, 2015, 1:05 AM EDT
Vancouver creates breathing room in the Pacific Division.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
The Wild defeated the L.A. Kings 4-1.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Max Pacioretty scored the winner.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Toronto won for just the sixth time in 34 games.
Mar 28, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Collided with Cody Goloubef in the first period.
Mar 28, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
He allowed two goals on nine first period shots.
Mar 28, 2015, 8:55 PM EDT
Finished off a nice passing play by Jagr and Huberdeau.
Mar 28, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Ottawa’s starter tested early.
Mar 28, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The Pens defenseman will remain in hospital overnight.
Mar 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
He appeared in eight games with Columbus this season.
Mar 28, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
It’ll cost him $3,897.85.
Mar 28, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Detroit moves five points up on Boston in the Atlantic with the win.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)