Aug 27, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Stars fans may reap the benefits of him being left out of the camp in Calgary because he’s itching to prove they made a mistake as Mark Stepneski of Stars Inside Edge reports.
“It gives you a little fire. I think I said that in the interview back home, I just want to kind of shove it in their face,” Benn said. “It is what it is. I definitely want to be there. I’ll just have to prove myself the first half of the year.”
Benn was the Stars’ leading scorer last season and was second to Loui Eriksson the year before that. At 24 years old his game is only improving and now with Tyler Seguin and Sergei Gonchar in Dallas, the point production should continue.
To make matters better for the Stars, Benn says he thinks he’s in better shape this year and that should help. Maybe Team Canada will need to take another look towards Dallas when it comes time to pick their roster.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)