Aug 27, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Stars fans may reap the benefits of him being left out of the camp in Calgary because he’s itching to prove they made a mistake as Mark Stepneski of Stars Inside Edge reports.
“It gives you a little fire. I think I said that in the interview back home, I just want to kind of shove it in their face,” Benn said. “It is what it is. I definitely want to be there. I’ll just have to prove myself the first half of the year.”
Benn was the Stars’ leading scorer last season and was second to Loui Eriksson the year before that. At 24 years old his game is only improving and now with Tyler Seguin and Sergei Gonchar in Dallas, the point production should continue.
To make matters better for the Stars, Benn says he thinks he’s in better shape this year and that should help. Maybe Team Canada will need to take another look towards Dallas when it comes time to pick their roster.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)