Aug 27, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Stars fans may reap the benefits of him being left out of the camp in Calgary because he’s itching to prove they made a mistake as Mark Stepneski of Stars Inside Edge reports.
“It gives you a little fire. I think I said that in the interview back home, I just want to kind of shove it in their face,” Benn said. “It is what it is. I definitely want to be there. I’ll just have to prove myself the first half of the year.”
Benn was the Stars’ leading scorer last season and was second to Loui Eriksson the year before that. At 24 years old his game is only improving and now with Tyler Seguin and Sergei Gonchar in Dallas, the point production should continue.
To make matters better for the Stars, Benn says he thinks he’s in better shape this year and that should help. Maybe Team Canada will need to take another look towards Dallas when it comes time to pick their roster.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 1
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)