Aug 26, 2013, 12:24 PM EDT
A summer that’s been filled with rough news for the Devils just got made a lot better.
Henrique was the team’s third-round pick in 2008 and over the past two seasons, he’s shown he fits right into the NHL.
Two seasons ago, he scored 16 goals with 35 assists and was their go-to clutch player in the postseason. His overtime goal in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals put the Devils into the Stanley Cup Final against Los Angeles.
In that time he’s scored 27 goals with 40 assists in 117 career NHL games. Last year, he spent part of the season in the AHL thanks to the lockout where had his time cut short there thanks to a broken thumb.
What will be curious to see now is how this affects Nazem Kadri‘s situation with the Toronto Maple Leafs as he’s in a similar situation to Henrique as a restricted free agent. Kadri was reportedly seeking $6 million a year but denied those reports.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)