Aug 26, 2013, 12:24 PM EDT
A summer that’s been filled with rough news for the Devils just got made a lot better.
Henrique was the team’s third-round pick in 2008 and over the past two seasons, he’s shown he fits right into the NHL.
Two seasons ago, he scored 16 goals with 35 assists and was their go-to clutch player in the postseason. His overtime goal in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals put the Devils into the Stanley Cup Final against Los Angeles.
In that time he’s scored 27 goals with 40 assists in 117 career NHL games. Last year, he spent part of the season in the AHL thanks to the lockout where had his time cut short there thanks to a broken thumb.
What will be curious to see now is how this affects Nazem Kadri‘s situation with the Toronto Maple Leafs as he’s in a similar situation to Henrique as a restricted free agent. Kadri was reportedly seeking $6 million a year but denied those reports.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)