Aug 26, 2013, 12:24 PM EDT
A summer that’s been filled with rough news for the Devils just got made a lot better.
Henrique was the team’s third-round pick in 2008 and over the past two seasons, he’s shown he fits right into the NHL.
Two seasons ago, he scored 16 goals with 35 assists and was their go-to clutch player in the postseason. His overtime goal in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals put the Devils into the Stanley Cup Final against Los Angeles.
In that time he’s scored 27 goals with 40 assists in 117 career NHL games. Last year, he spent part of the season in the AHL thanks to the lockout where had his time cut short there thanks to a broken thumb.
What will be curious to see now is how this affects Nazem Kadri‘s situation with the Toronto Maple Leafs as he’s in a similar situation to Henrique as a restricted free agent. Kadri was reportedly seeking $6 million a year but denied those reports.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)