Aug 26, 2013, 12:24 PM EDT
A summer that’s been filled with rough news for the Devils just got made a lot better.
Henrique was the team’s third-round pick in 2008 and over the past two seasons, he’s shown he fits right into the NHL.
Two seasons ago, he scored 16 goals with 35 assists and was their go-to clutch player in the postseason. His overtime goal in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals put the Devils into the Stanley Cup Final against Los Angeles.
In that time he’s scored 27 goals with 40 assists in 117 career NHL games. Last year, he spent part of the season in the AHL thanks to the lockout where had his time cut short there thanks to a broken thumb.
What will be curious to see now is how this affects Nazem Kadri‘s situation with the Toronto Maple Leafs as he’s in a similar situation to Henrique as a restricted free agent. Kadri was reportedly seeking $6 million a year but denied those reports.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)