Aug 25, 2013, 2:37 PM EDT
Eminger was originally taken with the 12th overall pick in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. At his height in 2008-09, he had five goals and 26 points in 71 contests while averaging 21:37 minutes per game. However, he has been unable to re-establish himself as a top-four defenseman over his last three campaigns with the New York Rangers.
The 29-year-old blueliner had just three assists and logged 13:02 minutes per game in 35 matches last season. He became an unrestricted free agent this summer.
Vladivostok is an expansion team and the city borders the Pacific Ocean. Along with HC Amur, it is one of two KHL teams located in the Russian Far East.
Eminger has 99 points and 359 penalty minutes in 488 career NHL games with the Washington Capitals, Philadelphia Flyers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Florida Panthers, Anaheim Ducks, and Rangers.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)