Aug 25, 2013, 2:37 PM EDT
Eminger was originally taken with the 12th overall pick in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. At his height in 2008-09, he had five goals and 26 points in 71 contests while averaging 21:37 minutes per game. However, he has been unable to re-establish himself as a top-four defenseman over his last three campaigns with the New York Rangers.
The 29-year-old blueliner had just three assists and logged 13:02 minutes per game in 35 matches last season. He became an unrestricted free agent this summer.
Vladivostok is an expansion team and the city borders the Pacific Ocean. Along with HC Amur, it is one of two KHL teams located in the Russian Far East.
Eminger has 99 points and 359 penalty minutes in 488 career NHL games with the Washington Capitals, Philadelphia Flyers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Florida Panthers, Anaheim Ducks, and Rangers.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5