Aug 25, 2013, 2:37 PM EDT
Eminger was originally taken with the 12th overall pick in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. At his height in 2008-09, he had five goals and 26 points in 71 contests while averaging 21:37 minutes per game. However, he has been unable to re-establish himself as a top-four defenseman over his last three campaigns with the New York Rangers.
The 29-year-old blueliner had just three assists and logged 13:02 minutes per game in 35 matches last season. He became an unrestricted free agent this summer.
Vladivostok is an expansion team and the city borders the Pacific Ocean. Along with HC Amur, it is one of two KHL teams located in the Russian Far East.
Eminger has 99 points and 359 penalty minutes in 488 career NHL games with the Washington Capitals, Philadelphia Flyers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Florida Panthers, Anaheim Ducks, and Rangers.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)