Aug 25, 2013, 2:37 PM EDT
Eminger was originally taken with the 12th overall pick in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. At his height in 2008-09, he had five goals and 26 points in 71 contests while averaging 21:37 minutes per game. However, he has been unable to re-establish himself as a top-four defenseman over his last three campaigns with the New York Rangers.
The 29-year-old blueliner had just three assists and logged 13:02 minutes per game in 35 matches last season. He became an unrestricted free agent this summer.
Vladivostok is an expansion team and the city borders the Pacific Ocean. Along with HC Amur, it is one of two KHL teams located in the Russian Far East.
Eminger has 99 points and 359 penalty minutes in 488 career NHL games with the Washington Capitals, Philadelphia Flyers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Florida Panthers, Anaheim Ducks, and Rangers.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)