Aug 25, 2013, 2:37 PM EDT
Eminger was originally taken with the 12th overall pick in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. At his height in 2008-09, he had five goals and 26 points in 71 contests while averaging 21:37 minutes per game. However, he has been unable to re-establish himself as a top-four defenseman over his last three campaigns with the New York Rangers.
The 29-year-old blueliner had just three assists and logged 13:02 minutes per game in 35 matches last season. He became an unrestricted free agent this summer.
Vladivostok is an expansion team and the city borders the Pacific Ocean. Along with HC Amur, it is one of two KHL teams located in the Russian Far East.
Eminger has 99 points and 359 penalty minutes in 488 career NHL games with the Washington Capitals, Philadelphia Flyers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Florida Panthers, Anaheim Ducks, and Rangers.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)