Aug 25, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
Martin St. Louis career is such a great underdog story, it’s amazing that the Tampa Bay Lightning star’s journey hasn’t already been optioned by Hollywood. He’s clearly a favorite among PHT readers, however.
In early August, PHT asked if the 38-year-old forward is on a Hall of Fame pace. As you can see from the poll results below, the answer was a resounding “Yes.”
It’s tough to remember a more one-sided PHT poll in history. In fact, here are a few imaginary ones that still might not top the St. Louis’ “Yes” votes:
- Did Sean Avery tire of John Tortorella’s coaching style?
- Do most hockey fans find Teemu Selanne more likable than Corey Perry?
- Would it hurt to block a Zdeno Chara slapper?
OK, those might top (or at least match) these results. Even so, it’ll be interesting to see if future Hall of Fame voters agree with PHT readers whenever the time comes.
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight vs. B’s 0
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 20
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 83
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)