Aug 25, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
Toronto’s Biosteel Camp provided an impressive array of NHL talent, yet NHL.com reports that 16-year-old prospect Connor McDavid managed to keep up.
“He scored a pretty nice goal against us. Obviously his skill set is unbelievable,” Washington Capitals forward Joel Ward said. “It was actually pretty cool to see him. I’d never seen him play before, so I just kind of wanted to see what he was all about. He’s a highly touted player and you can see why.”
Ward was far from the only player to rave about McDavid, according to the National Post.
“Stephen Weiss said, ‘I think he’s the best player out here,’” Gary Roberts said “He looked at his skill level and was like, ‘How old is this guy?’”
McDavid won’t be draft eligible until 2015, but he can set his sights on something next season: joining Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, Eric Lindros, Jason Spezza and Jay Bouwmeester as the only players to represent Team Canada at the World Junior Championships at 16.
At this rate, it seems foolish to count him out.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (90)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)