Aug 25, 2013, 9:26 PM EST
Toronto’s Biosteel Camp provided an impressive array of NHL talent, yet NHL.com reports that 16-year-old prospect Connor McDavid managed to keep up.
“He scored a pretty nice goal against us. Obviously his skill set is unbelievable,” Washington Capitals forward Joel Ward said. “It was actually pretty cool to see him. I’d never seen him play before, so I just kind of wanted to see what he was all about. He’s a highly touted player and you can see why.”
Ward was far from the only player to rave about McDavid, according to the National Post.
“Stephen Weiss said, ‘I think he’s the best player out here,’” Gary Roberts said “He looked at his skill level and was like, ‘How old is this guy?’”
McDavid won’t be draft eligible until 2015, but he can set his sights on something next season: joining Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, Eric Lindros, Jason Spezza and Jay Bouwmeester as the only players to represent Team Canada at the World Junior Championships at 16.
At this rate, it seems foolish to count him out.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 36
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)