Aug 25, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
Toronto’s Biosteel Camp provided an impressive array of NHL talent, yet NHL.com reports that 16-year-old prospect Connor McDavid managed to keep up.
“He scored a pretty nice goal against us. Obviously his skill set is unbelievable,” Washington Capitals forward Joel Ward said. “It was actually pretty cool to see him. I’d never seen him play before, so I just kind of wanted to see what he was all about. He’s a highly touted player and you can see why.”
Ward was far from the only player to rave about McDavid, according to the National Post.
“Stephen Weiss said, ‘I think he’s the best player out here,’” Gary Roberts said “He looked at his skill level and was like, ‘How old is this guy?’”
McDavid won’t be draft eligible until 2015, but he can set his sights on something next season: joining Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, Eric Lindros, Jason Spezza and Jay Bouwmeester as the only players to represent Team Canada at the World Junior Championships at 16.
At this rate, it seems foolish to count him out.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (79)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)