Aug 24, 2013, 11:22 AM EST
Tampa Bay has added the Central Hockey League Brampton Beast to its list of minor-league affiliates, according to the NHL.com. The Beast are getting ready for their first season.
The Lightning haven’t had a CHL affiliate since the Colorado Eagles in 2009-10. However, they also work with the ECHL Florida Everblades and AHL Syracuse Crunch.
“We take our developmental system very seriously,” Lightning GM Steve Yzerman said. “The Beast organization has all the ingredients to be a successful hockey franchise, including operating in a strong hockey market.”
Meanwhile the San Jose Sharks announced that they have renewed their affiliation with the ECHL San Francisco Bulls for another campaign. The Sharks started working with the Bulls in 2012-13.
Bulls president and head coach Pat Curcio believes that the deal helps provide his team with “an instant identity in a very large market.”
The San Jose Sharks are also continuing their affiliation with the AHL Worcester Sharks.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 42
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)