Aug 24, 2013, 11:22 AM EDT
Tampa Bay has added the Central Hockey League Brampton Beast to its list of minor-league affiliates, according to the NHL.com. The Beast are getting ready for their first season.
The Lightning haven’t had a CHL affiliate since the Colorado Eagles in 2009-10. However, they also work with the ECHL Florida Everblades and AHL Syracuse Crunch.
“We take our developmental system very seriously,” Lightning GM Steve Yzerman said. “The Beast organization has all the ingredients to be a successful hockey franchise, including operating in a strong hockey market.”
Meanwhile the San Jose Sharks announced that they have renewed their affiliation with the ECHL San Francisco Bulls for another campaign. The Sharks started working with the Bulls in 2012-13.
Bulls president and head coach Pat Curcio believes that the deal helps provide his team with “an instant identity in a very large market.”
The San Jose Sharks are also continuing their affiliation with the AHL Worcester Sharks.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (52)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)