Aug 23, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
Florida Panthers minority owner Jordan Zimmerman has reportedly filed a lawsuit involving an investment in an online dating service that’s allegedly a pornography website, according to the Florida Sun-Sentinel.
The report claims Zimmerman is suing a pair of Boca Raton businessmen for $1 million after investing in what he thought was the FriendFinder network, only to learn it was “a successor to Penthouse Magazine’s pornography empire, which is linked to thousands of X-rated websites.”
“It was bait and switch,” Zimmerman’s lawyer, David Goldstein, said (as per Gossip Extra). “They were investing in FriendFinder, and they ended up unknowingly investing somewhere else.
“They just want their money back.”
Zimmerman is part of the ownership collective that took over the Panthers from Wayne Huizenga in 2001. He oversees the majority of the team’s marketing.
(Imagine courtesy BizJournals.com)
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 1
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 22
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)