Aug 22, 2013, 2:27 PM EST
Journeyman forward Trent Whitfield has signed with HC Bolzano of Austria’s Erste Bank Hockey League, the club announced on Thursday.
Whitfield, 36, has appeared in 194 regular season and 18 playoff contests during his NHL career for the Capitals, Rangers, Blues and Bruins.
His best season came during the 2003-04 campaign in Washington, when he scored a career-high 11 points in 44 games, averaging nearly 13 minutes a night.
Whitfield notably overcame a torn Achilles in 2010-11 to rejoin AHL Providence, and later became one of Boston’s “Black Aces” during the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals run.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 76
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2