Aug 22, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Journeyman forward Trent Whitfield has signed with HC Bolzano of Austria’s Erste Bank Hockey League, the club announced on Thursday.
Whitfield, 36, has appeared in 194 regular season and 18 playoff contests during his NHL career for the Capitals, Rangers, Blues and Bruins.
His best season came during the 2003-04 campaign in Washington, when he scored a career-high 11 points in 44 games, averaging nearly 13 minutes a night.
Whitfield notably overcame a torn Achilles in 2010-11 to rejoin AHL Providence, and later became one of Boston’s “Black Aces” during the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals run.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)