Aug 22, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Journeyman forward Trent Whitfield has signed with HC Bolzano of Austria’s Erste Bank Hockey League, the club announced on Thursday.
Whitfield, 36, has appeared in 194 regular season and 18 playoff contests during his NHL career for the Capitals, Rangers, Blues and Bruins.
His best season came during the 2003-04 campaign in Washington, when he scored a career-high 11 points in 44 games, averaging nearly 13 minutes a night.
Whitfield notably overcame a torn Achilles in 2010-11 to rejoin AHL Providence, and later became one of Boston’s “Black Aces” during the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals run.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55