Aug 22, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
Tanev, 23, had spent much of the summer in a contract impasse with Vancouver after posting career highs in games (38), goals (two), assists (five) and points (seven) in 2013.
There were reports that he’d been contacted by KHL clubs about playing next season in Russia, but the former RIT standout opted to sign a short-term, “prove-it” with the Canucks deal instead.
(Next offseason will also be interested because Tanev will have arbitration rights, something he didn’t have this summer.)
Former Montreal blueliner Yannick Weber should also be in the mix.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 8
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)