Aug 22, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
Tanev, 23, had spent much of the summer in a contract impasse with Vancouver after posting career highs in games (38), goals (two), assists (five) and points (seven) in 2013.
There were reports that he’d been contacted by KHL clubs about playing next season in Russia, but the former RIT standout opted to sign a short-term, “prove-it” with the Canucks deal instead.
(Next offseason will also be interested because Tanev will have arbitration rights, something he didn’t have this summer.)
Former Montreal blueliner Yannick Weber should also be in the mix.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32