Aug 22, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
Tanev, 23, had spent much of the summer in a contract impasse with Vancouver after posting career highs in games (38), goals (two), assists (five) and points (seven) in 2013.
There were reports that he’d been contacted by KHL clubs about playing next season in Russia, but the former RIT standout opted to sign a short-term, “prove-it” with the Canucks deal instead.
(Next offseason will also be interested because Tanev will have arbitration rights, something he didn’t have this summer.)
Former Montreal blueliner Yannick Weber should also be in the mix.
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 7
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 55
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (56)