Aug 22, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
Tanev, 23, had spent much of the summer in a contract impasse with Vancouver after posting career highs in games (38), goals (two), assists (five) and points (seven) in 2013.
There were reports that he’d been contacted by KHL clubs about playing next season in Russia, but the former RIT standout opted to sign a short-term, “prove-it” with the Canucks deal instead.
(Next offseason will also be interested because Tanev will have arbitration rights, something he didn’t have this summer.)
Former Montreal blueliner Yannick Weber should also be in the mix.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21