Aug 22, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Hockey fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as a slow August makes way for the ramp-up that is September.
Even before training camp, several NHL teams send their prospects to various locales to test their might against other top young players. In the case of the Florida Panthers’ Coral Springs camp, four teams will compete: the Panthers, Boston Bruins, Nashville Predators and Tampa Bay Lightning.
Out of context, that might not sound that special, but chew on this: picks No. 2-4 from the 2013 NHL Draft will be on hand.
Jonathan Drouin (No. 2) headlines the Lightning’s roster, third pick Aleksander Barkov will be on hand for the Panthers and fourth choice Seth Jones will try to slow down those top youngsters for the Nashville Predators.
The camp will take place from Sept. 6-8.
Here’s the full schedule (All ET):
Friday, Sept. 6 – Tampa Bay vs. Boston at 2 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 6 – Nashville vs. Florida at 6 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7 – Nashville vs. Tampa Bay at 12 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7 – Boston vs. Florida at 4 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 8 – Boston vs. Nashville at 12 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 8 – Tampa Bay vs. Florida at 4 p.m.
Those who want to get a sneak peek at these prospects can request tickets here.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)