Aug 22, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
Hockey fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as a slow August makes way for the ramp-up that is September.
Even before training camp, several NHL teams send their prospects to various locales to test their might against other top young players. In the case of the Florida Panthers’ Coral Springs camp, four teams will compete: the Panthers, Boston Bruins, Nashville Predators and Tampa Bay Lightning.
Out of context, that might not sound that special, but chew on this: picks No. 2-4 from the 2013 NHL Draft will be on hand.
Jonathan Drouin (No. 2) headlines the Lightning’s roster, third pick Aleksander Barkov will be on hand for the Panthers and fourth choice Seth Jones will try to slow down those top youngsters for the Nashville Predators.
The camp will take place from Sept. 6-8.
Here’s the full schedule (All ET):
Friday, Sept. 6 – Tampa Bay vs. Boston at 2 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 6 – Nashville vs. Florida at 6 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7 – Nashville vs. Tampa Bay at 12 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7 – Boston vs. Florida at 4 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 8 – Boston vs. Nashville at 12 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 8 – Tampa Bay vs. Florida at 4 p.m.
Those who want to get a sneak peek at these prospects can request tickets here.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 45
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 19
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32