Aug 22, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Hockey fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as a slow August makes way for the ramp-up that is September.
Even before training camp, several NHL teams send their prospects to various locales to test their might against other top young players. In the case of the Florida Panthers’ Coral Springs camp, four teams will compete: the Panthers, Boston Bruins, Nashville Predators and Tampa Bay Lightning.
Out of context, that might not sound that special, but chew on this: picks No. 2-4 from the 2013 NHL Draft will be on hand.
Jonathan Drouin (No. 2) headlines the Lightning’s roster, third pick Aleksander Barkov will be on hand for the Panthers and fourth choice Seth Jones will try to slow down those top youngsters for the Nashville Predators.
The camp will take place from Sept. 6-8.
Here’s the full schedule (All ET):
Friday, Sept. 6 – Tampa Bay vs. Boston at 2 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 6 – Nashville vs. Florida at 6 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7 – Nashville vs. Tampa Bay at 12 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7 – Boston vs. Florida at 4 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 8 – Boston vs. Nashville at 12 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 8 – Tampa Bay vs. Florida at 4 p.m.
Those who want to get a sneak peek at these prospects can request tickets here.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)