Aug 22, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Hockey fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as a slow August makes way for the ramp-up that is September.
Even before training camp, several NHL teams send their prospects to various locales to test their might against other top young players. In the case of the Florida Panthers’ Coral Springs camp, four teams will compete: the Panthers, Boston Bruins, Nashville Predators and Tampa Bay Lightning.
Out of context, that might not sound that special, but chew on this: picks No. 2-4 from the 2013 NHL Draft will be on hand.
Jonathan Drouin (No. 2) headlines the Lightning’s roster, third pick Aleksander Barkov will be on hand for the Panthers and fourth choice Seth Jones will try to slow down those top youngsters for the Nashville Predators.
The camp will take place from Sept. 6-8.
Here’s the full schedule (All ET):
Friday, Sept. 6 – Tampa Bay vs. Boston at 2 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 6 – Nashville vs. Florida at 6 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7 – Nashville vs. Tampa Bay at 12 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7 – Boston vs. Florida at 4 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 8 – Boston vs. Nashville at 12 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 8 – Tampa Bay vs. Florida at 4 p.m.
Those who want to get a sneak peek at these prospects can request tickets here.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5