Aug 22, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Hockey fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as a slow August makes way for the ramp-up that is September.
Even before training camp, several NHL teams send their prospects to various locales to test their might against other top young players. In the case of the Florida Panthers’ Coral Springs camp, four teams will compete: the Panthers, Boston Bruins, Nashville Predators and Tampa Bay Lightning.
Out of context, that might not sound that special, but chew on this: picks No. 2-4 from the 2013 NHL Draft will be on hand.
Jonathan Drouin (No. 2) headlines the Lightning’s roster, third pick Aleksander Barkov will be on hand for the Panthers and fourth choice Seth Jones will try to slow down those top youngsters for the Nashville Predators.
The camp will take place from Sept. 6-8.
Here’s the full schedule (All ET):
Friday, Sept. 6 – Tampa Bay vs. Boston at 2 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 6 – Nashville vs. Florida at 6 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7 – Nashville vs. Tampa Bay at 12 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 7 – Boston vs. Florida at 4 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 8 – Boston vs. Nashville at 12 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 8 – Tampa Bay vs. Florida at 4 p.m.
Those who want to get a sneak peek at these prospects can request tickets here.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 32
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1