Aug 22, 2013, 8:37 PM EDT
While Teemu Selanne weighs his options in the NHL next season, his 15-year-old son Eetu hopes to make an impression during the Calgary Hitmen’s rookie camp.
Eetu explained some of the similarities and differences between his game and his father’s style to the WHL team’s Web site.
“I’m not as quick as he is from the start but I see the game a lot like him,” Eetu said.
Teemu’s son seems to have an understanding of the weight that comes with being a Selanne, but the good news is that his father doesn’t expect him to match his lofty accomplishments.
“He doesn’t have expectations of me like other people do because of my name,” Eetu said.
That must be a relief, because Eetu would need to play about 25 years’ worth of hockey to match his dad.
Still, many might feel the urge to convert #Teemuforever campaign to #Selanneforever after hearing of Eetu’s exploits.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)