Aug 22, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
Eight NHL teams will send some of their best prospects to the 2013 Traverse City NHL Prospects tournament, which is being hosted by the Detroit Red Wings from Sept. 5-9.
That tournament lists four teams in the Gordie Howe division (the Red Wings, Dallas Stars, Minnesota Wild and St. Louis Blues) along with four teams in the Ted Lindsay division (Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Hurricanes, Columbus Blue Jackets and New York Rangers).
The Sabres rolled out their roster on Thursday, with standout players including 2012 first-rounders Mikhail Grabovski and Zemgus Girgensons along with 2013 first-rounders Rasmus Ristolainen and Nikita Zadorov. (Click here for their complete roster.)
The tournament’s Web site lists the full schedule, which you can peruse below:
(click to enlarge)
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 15
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17