Aug 21, 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
No doubt about it, zombies are a huge part of pop culture right now, so it’s no surprise that the shuffling masses are invading the NHL.
In this case, they’re showing up on Philadelphia Flyers goalie Steve Mason‘s next mask. Mason, 25, hasn’t been shy about playing up horror movie themes on his masks before, but he looks to really outdo himself in 2013-14 by combining that zombie imagery with icons from American history.
NHL.com tracked down his mask designer Franny Drummond for an inside look at the creative process, which you can soak in via the video below:
Too bad there isn’t any room for a vampire-hunting Abraham Lincoln, though.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3