Aug 21, 2013, 10:36 PM EST
To put things mildly, things didn’t go well for Mike Komisarek in Toronto. The Carolina Hurricanes signed him to a one-year deal after the Maple Leafs bought him out this summer, giving the 31-year-old defenseman a chance at redemption.
Komisarek seemed eager to prove himself, as he told the Toronto Star while attending Gary Roberts’ BioSteel camp this week.
“I’ve got that same sort of feeling I had when I was a rookie,” Komisarek said. “It’s definitely a breath of fresh air, go down there and just play. Don’t worry about anything. No expectations. I feel like I’m going to my first training camp. A great fresh start for myself. A new beginning.”
With a $700K salary in 2013-14, he’ll have much more of a clean state, too.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)