Aug 21, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
To put things mildly, things didn’t go well for Mike Komisarek in Toronto. The Carolina Hurricanes signed him to a one-year deal after the Maple Leafs bought him out this summer, giving the 31-year-old defenseman a chance at redemption.
Komisarek seemed eager to prove himself, as he told the Toronto Star while attending Gary Roberts’ BioSteel camp this week.
“I’ve got that same sort of feeling I had when I was a rookie,” Komisarek said. “It’s definitely a breath of fresh air, go down there and just play. Don’t worry about anything. No expectations. I feel like I’m going to my first training camp. A great fresh start for myself. A new beginning.”
With a $700K salary in 2013-14, he’ll have much more of a clean state, too.
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 3
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 11
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9