Aug 21, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Maybe it’s not as while as drinking various alcoholic beverages out of the Stanley Cup (or as amusing and appetizing as chowing down on some pierogies), but Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville still made the most of his Tuesday with the greatest trophy in sports.
For one thing, he put together something of a Hartford Whalers reunion, which including Ron Francis and Kevin Dineen.
Keeper of the Cup Philip Pritchard shared that image on Twitter, and also beat us to the “whale of a photo” pun in the process:
He also stopped by a … post office?
Finally, he also took the Cup aboard a boat on Lake Michigan. The team Web site passes along video of the fun:
(Still via the Blackhawks video.)
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)