Aug 21, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Maybe it’s not as while as drinking various alcoholic beverages out of the Stanley Cup (or as amusing and appetizing as chowing down on some pierogies), but Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville still made the most of his Tuesday with the greatest trophy in sports.
For one thing, he put together something of a Hartford Whalers reunion, which including Ron Francis and Kevin Dineen.
Keeper of the Cup Philip Pritchard shared that image on Twitter, and also beat us to the “whale of a photo” pun in the process:
He also stopped by a … post office?
Finally, he also took the Cup aboard a boat on Lake Michigan. The team Web site passes along video of the fun:
(Still via the Blackhawks video.)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 18
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)