Aug 21, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Maybe it’s not as while as drinking various alcoholic beverages out of the Stanley Cup (or as amusing and appetizing as chowing down on some pierogies), but Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville still made the most of his Tuesday with the greatest trophy in sports.
For one thing, he put together something of a Hartford Whalers reunion, which including Ron Francis and Kevin Dineen.
Keeper of the Cup Philip Pritchard shared that image on Twitter, and also beat us to the “whale of a photo” pun in the process:
He also stopped by a … post office?
Finally, he also took the Cup aboard a boat on Lake Michigan. The team Web site passes along video of the fun:
(Still via the Blackhawks video.)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)