Aug 21, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Maybe it’s not as while as drinking various alcoholic beverages out of the Stanley Cup (or as amusing and appetizing as chowing down on some pierogies), but Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville still made the most of his Tuesday with the greatest trophy in sports.
For one thing, he put together something of a Hartford Whalers reunion, which including Ron Francis and Kevin Dineen.
Keeper of the Cup Philip Pritchard shared that image on Twitter, and also beat us to the “whale of a photo” pun in the process:
He also stopped by a … post office?
Finally, he also took the Cup aboard a boat on Lake Michigan. The team Web site passes along video of the fun:
(Still via the Blackhawks video.)
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)