Aug 21, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Maybe it’s not as while as drinking various alcoholic beverages out of the Stanley Cup (or as amusing and appetizing as chowing down on some pierogies), but Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville still made the most of his Tuesday with the greatest trophy in sports.
For one thing, he put together something of a Hartford Whalers reunion, which including Ron Francis and Kevin Dineen.
Keeper of the Cup Philip Pritchard shared that image on Twitter, and also beat us to the “whale of a photo” pun in the process:
He also stopped by a … post office?
Finally, he also took the Cup aboard a boat on Lake Michigan. The team Web site passes along video of the fun:
(Still via the Blackhawks video.)
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)