Aug 21, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
Hurricanes captain Eric Staal is back skating in Raleigh to prepare for the season and he’s feeling good.
Staal returned to North Carolina after an offseason that saw him suffer a scary knee injury during World Championships at the hands (er, knee) of Sweden’s Alex Edler. He tells Chip Alexander of the News & Observer he’s doing quite well.
“It felt good,” he said. “It has been no issue here for a little bit now. It’s good to be back and it felt strong. I feel good.”
I wonder if he feels good?
That’s a relief for Carolina fans and coaches alike to hear. Even better still, Staal skated without a brace on his knee as well. He and the team both said he would be ready for training camp, but sometimes seeing is believing.
Staal didn’t need surgery for the knee Edler attempted to blow up with his wicked knee-on-knee hit but he said he began skating two weeks ago at home in Canada. You’d have to think with the progress he’s made he’ll be good to go for camp in a few weeks.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 21
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)