Aug 20, 2013, 12:55 PM EST
Ah, the joys of the offseason when our thoughts turn from free agent signings to teams changing their uniforms.
The San Jose Sharks are the latest to do so and it’s just a few polite alterations to their home and away jerseys. The team, calling it “The Next Wave,” unveiled their new look on their website and if you haven’t watched much of the Sharks lately you may not see what’s different.
First the home jersey as modeled by captain Joe Thornton:
And the road whites as worn by Dan Boyle:
So what’s different? The stripes at the bottom are gone as are the black shoulder yokes. They’ve also eliminated one of the orange stripes on the sleeves. Essentially, they’ve made their new jerseys out to be just like their black third jerseys (which they’re still going to wear) and that’s OK.
It’s a cleaner, neater look and hey, it gives Sharks fans and jersey nuts a reason to go drop some more bank on new gear.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)