Aug 20, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
If you haven’t been keeping tabs on the Maple Leafs this summer, restricted free agent Nazem Kadri is still unsigned.
After breaking out last season, Kadri is in position to cash in and he told Lance Hornby of the Toronto Sun he’s trying to be cool about it.
See, he’s trying to be considerate of the cap but he’s also dealing out a ton of truth. It’s not his job to do that. It’s his job to score goals and get paid whatever he can to do it.
This is where Leafs GM Dave Nonis has put himself in a bit of a bind with the big deals he handed to David Clarkson and Tyler Bozak. Burning compliance buyouts on Mikhail Grabovski and Mike Komisarek drew plenty of criticism as it was while other players could’ve been chosen.
Now he’s got to find a way to appease both remaining RFAs and stay under the cap. Leafs faithful has to hope Nonis has a trade trick up his sleeve to solve this situation.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)