Aug 20, 2013, 4:15 PM EST
If you haven’t been keeping tabs on the Maple Leafs this summer, restricted free agent Nazem Kadri is still unsigned.
After breaking out last season, Kadri is in position to cash in and he told Lance Hornby of the Toronto Sun he’s trying to be cool about it.
See, he’s trying to be considerate of the cap but he’s also dealing out a ton of truth. It’s not his job to do that. It’s his job to score goals and get paid whatever he can to do it.
This is where Leafs GM Dave Nonis has put himself in a bit of a bind with the big deals he handed to David Clarkson and Tyler Bozak. Burning compliance buyouts on Mikhail Grabovski and Mike Komisarek drew plenty of criticism as it was while other players could’ve been chosen.
Now he’s got to find a way to appease both remaining RFAs and stay under the cap. Leafs faithful has to hope Nonis has a trade trick up his sleeve to solve this situation.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)