Aug 20, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s Facebook page is becoming quite the source for hockey news and distractions this week.
On Monday, he posted amusing photos from his Reebok photo shoot. Tuesday brought a more noteworthy bit, as he put up an update admitting that the 2013-14 campaign will probably be his last season.
“It looks like this will be my last season,” Jagr wrote.
While it’s logical to state that the 41-year-old is nearing the end of the line, it’s also possible that he could have a change of heart. After all, his commitment to fitness and joy for the game have seemingly only gotten stronger with time.
If this is his last season, the future Hall of Famer has some big milestones in sight.
- He’s 19 goals away from hitting the 700-goal mark in his career.
- He’s very close to leapfrogging some huge names on the all-time goal-scoring list and also has some incentive in holding off Teemu Selanne.
6. Mike Gartner (708)
7. Mark Messier (694)
8. Steve Yzerman (692)
9. Mario Lemieux (690)
10. Jagr (681)
11. Selanne (675)
- Another big milestone of 1,700 career points is within reach. He’s breathing down his buddy’s neck in that regard, too.
5. Marcel Dionne (1771)
6. Yzerman (1755)
7. Lemieux (1723)
8. Jagr (1688)
- Assists probably won’t be followed with the same fervor, but it’s still an interesting finish to watch, especially since he only collected helpers in his playoff run with Boston.
7. Yzerman (1,063)
8. Gordie Howe (1,049)
9. Dionne (1,040)
10. Lemieux (1,033)
11. Joe Sakic (1,016)
12. Jagr (1,007)
- He has some reason to invest in the New Jersey Devils’ success, too, as he’s just one goal or assist away from 200 career postseason points.
As usual, Jagr should be fun to watch in 2013-14.
Oct 21, 2014, 10:17 PM EDT
No call on that play.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
It’s gone from bad to worse for Vancouver.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Happened on an innocent enough play.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
Outplayed Philly big time in first period.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
Bet that felt good.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Thought to be in against Chicago, but no.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
NHL Insider analyzes what the future has in store for the L.A. defenseman.
Oct 21, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
Check it out via the NBC Live Extra stream.
Oct 21, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
“Nathan is a frustrated kid right now. He’s in constant pain.”
Oct 21, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
After watching the first five games of the season from the press box.
Oct 21, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
‘Canes the only winless team in the league.
Oct 21, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
For example, a really tough upcoming schedule. (But also goaltending and that defense.)
Oct 21, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
“It’s adversity for us but we’re going to come through it,” says Jarrett Stoll.
Oct 21, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Oct 21, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
“I don’t think there’s any question that we’re behind what the league has done.”
Oct 21, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
Click to hear what those “values” entailed.
Oct 21, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Former Coyote faces his former team tonight.
Oct 21, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
Still no timeline for his return.
Oct 21, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
Could Devan Dubnyk take a run at Mike Smith’s job?
Oct 21, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Pretty strong vote of confidence right there.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 0
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 27
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)