Aug 20, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s Facebook page is becoming quite the source for hockey news and distractions this week.
On Monday, he posted amusing photos from his Reebok photo shoot. Tuesday brought a more noteworthy bit, as he put up an update admitting that the 2013-14 campaign will probably be his last season.
“It looks like this will be my last season,” Jagr wrote.
While it’s logical to state that the 41-year-old is nearing the end of the line, it’s also possible that he could have a change of heart. After all, his commitment to fitness and joy for the game have seemingly only gotten stronger with time.
If this is his last season, the future Hall of Famer has some big milestones in sight.
- He’s 19 goals away from hitting the 700-goal mark in his career.
- He’s very close to leapfrogging some huge names on the all-time goal-scoring list and also has some incentive in holding off Teemu Selanne.
6. Mike Gartner (708)
7. Mark Messier (694)
8. Steve Yzerman (692)
9. Mario Lemieux (690)
10. Jagr (681)
11. Selanne (675)
- Another big milestone of 1,700 career points is within reach. He’s breathing down his buddy’s neck in that regard, too.
5. Marcel Dionne (1771)
6. Yzerman (1755)
7. Lemieux (1723)
8. Jagr (1688)
- Assists probably won’t be followed with the same fervor, but it’s still an interesting finish to watch, especially since he only collected helpers in his playoff run with Boston.
7. Yzerman (1,063)
8. Gordie Howe (1,049)
9. Dionne (1,040)
10. Lemieux (1,033)
11. Joe Sakic (1,016)
12. Jagr (1,007)
- He has some reason to invest in the New Jersey Devils’ success, too, as he’s just one goal or assist away from 200 career postseason points.
As usual, Jagr should be fun to watch in 2013-14.
Aug 30, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Both blue liners are unrestricted free agents.
Aug 30, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Can they take a step forward this season?
Aug 30, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Starring Devan Dubnyk.
Aug 29, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
He’s currently an unrestricted free agent.
Aug 29, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Columbus bet heavily on him this summer.
Aug 29, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Just making the postseason would be seen as a good season, but perhaps the Blue Jackets are in position to do more.
Aug 29, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Carey Price leads the pack.
Aug 29, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
This will be his first full season as a pro.
Aug 29, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
They’ll be paying him like one.
Aug 29, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
“We did lose a great man.”
Aug 29, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The Blue Jackets have to hope for better health this season.
Aug 29, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Looking to bounce back after an injury-ravaged campaign.
Aug 28, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
You know, the one injured on “that” slash from P.K. Subban.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Which is great news for Dallas.
Aug 28, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The club’s top pick at this year’s draft.
Aug 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Former Avs and Habs goalie spent all of last year in the AHL.
Aug 28, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Yet another NHL club hiring a fancy stats guy.
Aug 28, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
Scored a career-high 19 goals and 40 points last year.
Aug 28, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Former Panthers, Devils head coach takes over a team that “hit a little bit of a rut.”
Aug 28, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
After an up-and-down rookie year, he’s looking to solidify his spot.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5