Aug 20, 2013, 8:40 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr‘s Facebook page is becoming quite the source for hockey news and distractions this week.
On Monday, he posted amusing photos from his Reebok photo shoot. Tuesday brought a more noteworthy bit, as he put up an update admitting that the 2013-14 campaign will probably be his last season.
“It looks like this will be my last season,” Jagr wrote.
While it’s logical to state that the 41-year-old is nearing the end of the line, it’s also possible that he could have a change of heart. After all, his commitment to fitness and joy for the game have seemingly only gotten stronger with time.
If this is his last season, the future Hall of Famer has some big milestones in sight.
- He’s 19 goals away from hitting the 700-goal mark in his career.
- He’s very close to leapfrogging some huge names on the all-time goal-scoring list and also has some incentive in holding off Teemu Selanne.
6. Mike Gartner (708)
7. Mark Messier (694)
8. Steve Yzerman (692)
9. Mario Lemieux (690)
10. Jagr (681)
11. Selanne (675)
- Another big milestone of 1,700 career points is within reach. He’s breathing down his buddy’s neck in that regard, too.
5. Marcel Dionne (1771)
6. Yzerman (1755)
7. Lemieux (1723)
8. Jagr (1688)
- Assists probably won’t be followed with the same fervor, but it’s still an interesting finish to watch, especially since he only collected helpers in his playoff run with Boston.
7. Yzerman (1,063)
8. Gordie Howe (1,049)
9. Dionne (1,040)
10. Lemieux (1,033)
11. Joe Sakic (1,016)
12. Jagr (1,007)
- He has some reason to invest in the New Jersey Devils’ success, too, as he’s just one goal or assist away from 200 career postseason points.
As usual, Jagr should be fun to watch in 2013-14.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 AM EST
Latvia could soon have another NHLer to cheer for.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:30 PM EST
The Isles have won both meetings this season.
Jan 26, 2015, 10:25 PM EST
He’s missed 13 games recovering from surgery on his fractured left wrist.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
Several players had to make alternate arrangements leaving the All-Star Game.
Jan 26, 2015, 8:35 PM EST
Expected to play Wednesday against the Leafs
Jan 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
He’s a repeat offender.
Jan 26, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
Teams have till noon eastern time Tuesday to place a claim on the forward.
Jan 26, 2015, 6:16 PM EST
The Avalanche are trying to claw their way into the playoffs.
Jan 26, 2015, 5:52 PM EST
Minnesota had three healthy goaltenders on its roster.
Jan 26, 2015, 4:59 PM EST
Who will play this week?
Jan 26, 2015, 4:22 PM EST
This might be the result of fighting in back-to-back games.
Jan 26, 2015, 3:31 PM EST
Will Mikhail Grabovski step up?
Jan 26, 2015, 3:12 PM EST
The post-All-Star Game portion of the season isn’t starting any better for Buffalo.
Jan 26, 2015, 2:21 PM EST
He’s been overseeing co-coaches Adam Oates and Scott Stevens.
Jan 26, 2015, 1:30 PM EST
He didn’t end up playing in the All-Star Game.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:31 PM EST
Remember, the club opted not to amnesty his contract last June.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:23 PM EST
Canucks will give Frank Corrado a chance to show what he can do.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:12 PM EST
Columbus’ star center is having a nice little run at the moment.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
They also summoned Josh Anderson.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:23 AM EST
“Everybody felt like I just want a car to drive it.”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 40
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (117)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)