Aug 20, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s Facebook page is becoming quite the source for hockey news and distractions this week.
On Monday, he posted amusing photos from his Reebok photo shoot. Tuesday brought a more noteworthy bit, as he put up an update admitting that the 2013-14 campaign will probably be his last season.
“It looks like this will be my last season,” Jagr wrote.
While it’s logical to state that the 41-year-old is nearing the end of the line, it’s also possible that he could have a change of heart. After all, his commitment to fitness and joy for the game have seemingly only gotten stronger with time.
If this is his last season, the future Hall of Famer has some big milestones in sight.
- He’s 19 goals away from hitting the 700-goal mark in his career.
- He’s very close to leapfrogging some huge names on the all-time goal-scoring list and also has some incentive in holding off Teemu Selanne.
6. Mike Gartner (708)
7. Mark Messier (694)
8. Steve Yzerman (692)
9. Mario Lemieux (690)
10. Jagr (681)
11. Selanne (675)
- Another big milestone of 1,700 career points is within reach. He’s breathing down his buddy’s neck in that regard, too.
5. Marcel Dionne (1771)
6. Yzerman (1755)
7. Lemieux (1723)
8. Jagr (1688)
- Assists probably won’t be followed with the same fervor, but it’s still an interesting finish to watch, especially since he only collected helpers in his playoff run with Boston.
7. Yzerman (1,063)
8. Gordie Howe (1,049)
9. Dionne (1,040)
10. Lemieux (1,033)
11. Joe Sakic (1,016)
12. Jagr (1,007)
- He has some reason to invest in the New Jersey Devils’ success, too, as he’s just one goal or assist away from 200 career postseason points.
As usual, Jagr should be fun to watch in 2013-14.
Apr 19, 2015, 2:51 AM EDT
It will be interesting to see what happens as this series heads to Winnipeg.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:40 AM EDT
Series shifts back to Winnipeg.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:41 AM EDT
Had a dominant performance in Game 2.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:56 PM EDT
Anaheim’s veteran forward received a minor penalty on the play.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:13 PM EDT
“I think I bring a really good winning attitude and I have a lot to offer offensively.”
Apr 18, 2015, 11:09 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby scored twice and that helps.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Had one goal in 19 playoff games prior to Saturday.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
These teams combined for eight shots in the opening period.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
Craig MacTavish has some decisions to make, now that he’s won the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
St. Louis with the win.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:26 PM EDT
Edmonton wins the Connor McDavid sweeps.
Apr 18, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
Can the Penguins and Jets even things up?
Apr 18, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Not wasting any time.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
This series is all tied up at 1-1.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Mrazek pulled after two periods.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
Deryk Engelland’s game misconduct for instigating was rescinded.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Enter Jimmy Howard.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
He has his first two of these playoffs.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Pullar Stadium and War Memorial Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Decatur and St. Michael-Albertville.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)