Aug 20, 2013, 8:40 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr‘s Facebook page is becoming quite the source for hockey news and distractions this week.
On Monday, he posted amusing photos from his Reebok photo shoot. Tuesday brought a more noteworthy bit, as he put up an update admitting that the 2013-14 campaign will probably be his last season.
“It looks like this will be my last season,” Jagr wrote.
While it’s logical to state that the 41-year-old is nearing the end of the line, it’s also possible that he could have a change of heart. After all, his commitment to fitness and joy for the game have seemingly only gotten stronger with time.
If this is his last season, the future Hall of Famer has some big milestones in sight.
- He’s 19 goals away from hitting the 700-goal mark in his career.
- He’s very close to leapfrogging some huge names on the all-time goal-scoring list and also has some incentive in holding off Teemu Selanne.
6. Mike Gartner (708)
7. Mark Messier (694)
8. Steve Yzerman (692)
9. Mario Lemieux (690)
10. Jagr (681)
11. Selanne (675)
- Another big milestone of 1,700 career points is within reach. He’s breathing down his buddy’s neck in that regard, too.
5. Marcel Dionne (1771)
6. Yzerman (1755)
7. Lemieux (1723)
8. Jagr (1688)
- Assists probably won’t be followed with the same fervor, but it’s still an interesting finish to watch, especially since he only collected helpers in his playoff run with Boston.
7. Yzerman (1,063)
8. Gordie Howe (1,049)
9. Dionne (1,040)
10. Lemieux (1,033)
11. Joe Sakic (1,016)
12. Jagr (1,007)
- He has some reason to invest in the New Jersey Devils’ success, too, as he’s just one goal or assist away from 200 career postseason points.
As usual, Jagr should be fun to watch in 2013-14.
Dec 13, 2013, 4:33 PM EST
Just like it didn’t happen overnight in Vancouver.
Dec 13, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
He’ll suit up tonight against Vancouver.
Dec 13, 2013, 3:01 PM EST
News and notes from the blue paint…
Dec 13, 2013, 2:37 PM EST
Your choice of bacon, ham or sausage.
Dec 13, 2013, 2:31 PM EST
The Leafs are being forced to play the Blackhawks, the Red Wings can’t win a shootout, Boston’s in Vancouver for the first time since winning the Cup, Lundqvist needs to be better, and we know now that Martin Jones is a goalie for the Kings.
Dec 13, 2013, 2:13 PM EST
Chris Kunitz looks fired up.
Dec 13, 2013, 1:49 PM EST
So, the veteran defenseman could sit again.
Dec 13, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Physical forward won his first and only Stanley Cup with Chicago last season.
Dec 13, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
You’re up, Jonas Gustavsson.
Dec 13, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
Won six of its last nine.
Dec 13, 2013, 12:24 PM EST
“It’s tough when you have to worry about pucks going in the back of your net.”
Dec 13, 2013, 11:53 AM EST
Incident occurred during Wednesday’s 7-2 ‘Hawks win.
Dec 13, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
Now that Jay Feaster’s gone.
Dec 13, 2013, 10:57 AM EST
Pens host the Devils tonight.
Dec 13, 2013, 10:48 AM EST
Incident occurred during Thursday’s Flyers-Habs game in Philly.
Dec 13, 2013, 10:03 AM EST
‘Tis the season to not be joyful about losing.
Dec 13, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
The Badgers are 5-0-1 at home this season.
Dec 13, 2013, 8:15 AM EST
That and all the links to start your day ahead.
Dec 13, 2013, 2:02 AM EST
All three San Jose goals came on the power play.
Dec 13, 2013, 1:30 AM EST
But they snapped that 10-game losing streak the other day.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 67
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)