Aug 20, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s Facebook page is becoming quite the source for hockey news and distractions this week.
On Monday, he posted amusing photos from his Reebok photo shoot. Tuesday brought a more noteworthy bit, as he put up an update admitting that the 2013-14 campaign will probably be his last season.
“It looks like this will be my last season,” Jagr wrote.
While it’s logical to state that the 41-year-old is nearing the end of the line, it’s also possible that he could have a change of heart. After all, his commitment to fitness and joy for the game have seemingly only gotten stronger with time.
If this is his last season, the future Hall of Famer has some big milestones in sight.
- He’s 19 goals away from hitting the 700-goal mark in his career.
- He’s very close to leapfrogging some huge names on the all-time goal-scoring list and also has some incentive in holding off Teemu Selanne.
6. Mike Gartner (708)
7. Mark Messier (694)
8. Steve Yzerman (692)
9. Mario Lemieux (690)
10. Jagr (681)
11. Selanne (675)
- Another big milestone of 1,700 career points is within reach. He’s breathing down his buddy’s neck in that regard, too.
5. Marcel Dionne (1771)
6. Yzerman (1755)
7. Lemieux (1723)
8. Jagr (1688)
- Assists probably won’t be followed with the same fervor, but it’s still an interesting finish to watch, especially since he only collected helpers in his playoff run with Boston.
7. Yzerman (1,063)
8. Gordie Howe (1,049)
9. Dionne (1,040)
10. Lemieux (1,033)
11. Joe Sakic (1,016)
12. Jagr (1,007)
- He has some reason to invest in the New Jersey Devils’ success, too, as he’s just one goal or assist away from 200 career postseason points.
As usual, Jagr should be fun to watch in 2013-14.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:39 AM EDT
Former Quebec league sniper is gunning for a gig in Detroit.
Aug 27, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Former Tampa Bay forward was bought out of his contract earlier this summer, following legal troubles.
Aug 27, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
The Red Wings are rebuilding on the fly, but are they assembling a future Cup contender?
Aug 27, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
He’ll enter the second season of his seven-year, $36.75 million contract.
Aug 27, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
They have made it to the playoffs for 23 straight seasons.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
He’s the former face of the franchise.
Aug 26, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
A recent report has added new fuel to the speculation on that subject.
Aug 26, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Dupuis and Hornqvist are two of the main options.
Aug 26, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
Will they go another season without one?
Aug 26, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
He’s going into the final season of his bridge contract.
Aug 26, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
He’s looking to build off of his breakout campaign.
Aug 26, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
The restricted free agent is likely to get a one or two-year deal.
Aug 26, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Injuries prevented him from doing much in the first season of his seven-year, $37.1 million deal.
Aug 26, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
He could follow in Boone Jenner’s footsteps.
Aug 26, 2014, 12:38 PM EDT
“I have to do a little bit better job managing him and he’s got to buy into the team.”
Aug 26, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
But per Bertuzzi’s lawyer, the settlement has been agreed upon.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Will he be signed by training camp?
Aug 26, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
Player agent has a bit of history with his clients missing camp.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
Can they live up to the heightened expectations?
Aug 26, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Rutherford thinks highly of the goaltender though.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15