Aug 20, 2013, 3:20 PM EST
Former Canadiens player and head coach Mario Tremblay found himself on the wrong side of the law.
QMI Agency reports (link in French) the 56-year-old was arrested for drunk driving back in January, pleading “not guilty” to the charge on June 18.
From the story, translated:
According to the indictment filed against Tremblay, which QMI Agency obtained a copy, on January 25, “around 10:09 PM, [the accused] illegally operated a motor vehicle – a 2013 Toyota Venza […] while his ability to operate the vehicle was impaired by the effects of alcohol or a drug.”
He will head back to court on August 28 in Mascouche, a town north of Montreal, to set a date for his court hearing.
Tremblay coached the Habs from 1995-1997, leading them to the playoffs twice but losing in the first round each time. He’s also spent eight years as an assistant under Jacques Lemaire in both Minnesota and New Jersey. He also suited up for the Canadiens for 12 seasons as a player from 1974-1986.
(Translation courtesy: Chantal Ledoux)
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)