Aug 20, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Former Canadiens player and head coach Mario Tremblay found himself on the wrong side of the law.
QMI Agency reports (link in French) the 56-year-old was arrested for drunk driving back in January, pleading “not guilty” to the charge on June 18.
From the story, translated:
According to the indictment filed against Tremblay, which QMI Agency obtained a copy, on January 25, “around 10:09 PM, [the accused] illegally operated a motor vehicle – a 2013 Toyota Venza […] while his ability to operate the vehicle was impaired by the effects of alcohol or a drug.”
He will head back to court on August 28 in Mascouche, a town north of Montreal, to set a date for his court hearing.
Tremblay coached the Habs from 1995-1997, leading them to the playoffs twice but losing in the first round each time. He’s also spent eight years as an assistant under Jacques Lemaire in both Minnesota and New Jersey. He also suited up for the Canadiens for 12 seasons as a player from 1974-1986.
(Translation courtesy: Chantal Ledoux)
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 4
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 25
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)