Aug 20, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Former Canadiens player and head coach Mario Tremblay found himself on the wrong side of the law.
QMI Agency reports (link in French) the 56-year-old was arrested for drunk driving back in January, pleading “not guilty” to the charge on June 18.
From the story, translated:
According to the indictment filed against Tremblay, which QMI Agency obtained a copy, on January 25, “around 10:09 PM, [the accused] illegally operated a motor vehicle – a 2013 Toyota Venza […] while his ability to operate the vehicle was impaired by the effects of alcohol or a drug.”
He will head back to court on August 28 in Mascouche, a town north of Montreal, to set a date for his court hearing.
Tremblay coached the Habs from 1995-1997, leading them to the playoffs twice but losing in the first round each time. He’s also spent eight years as an assistant under Jacques Lemaire in both Minnesota and New Jersey. He also suited up for the Canadiens for 12 seasons as a player from 1974-1986.
(Translation courtesy: Chantal Ledoux)
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)