Aug 20, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Former Canadiens player and head coach Mario Tremblay found himself on the wrong side of the law.
QMI Agency reports (link in French) the 56-year-old was arrested for drunk driving back in January, pleading “not guilty” to the charge on June 18.
From the story, translated:
According to the indictment filed against Tremblay, which QMI Agency obtained a copy, on January 25, “around 10:09 PM, [the accused] illegally operated a motor vehicle – a 2013 Toyota Venza [...] while his ability to operate the vehicle was impaired by the effects of alcohol or a drug.”
He will head back to court on August 28 in Mascouche, a town north of Montreal, to set a date for his court hearing.
Tremblay coached the Habs from 1995-1997, leading them to the playoffs twice but losing in the first round each time. He’s also spent eight years as an assistant under Jacques Lemaire in both Minnesota and New Jersey. He also suited up for the Canadiens for 12 seasons as a player from 1974-1986.
(Translation courtesy: Chantal Ledoux)
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)