Aug 20, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Tuesday represents an exciting day for video game enthusiasts, hockey fans included.
EA Sports released a demo for NHL 14 in North America today, while European fans will get their own taste on Wednesday.
It includes three game modes: Play Now, NHL ’94 and Ultimate Team mode.
Fans of the 16-bit NHL games (/cues Jeremy Roenick references) will likely be most excited about the NHL ’94 mode, which is inspired by the titles that once dominated the Super Nintendo and Genesis era. (Click here for more information about that.)
The full retail game is available in North America on Sept. 10 and worldwide on Sept. 13.
Here’s a video for the demo:
(Screenshot via EA.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 12
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5