Aug 20, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
Tuesday represents an exciting day for video game enthusiasts, hockey fans included.
EA Sports released a demo for NHL 14 in North America today, while European fans will get their own taste on Wednesday.
It includes three game modes: Play Now, NHL ’94 and Ultimate Team mode.
Fans of the 16-bit NHL games (/cues Jeremy Roenick references) will likely be most excited about the NHL ’94 mode, which is inspired by the titles that once dominated the Super Nintendo and Genesis era. (Click here for more information about that.)
The full retail game is available in North America on Sept. 10 and worldwide on Sept. 13.
Here’s a video for the demo:
(Screenshot via EA.)
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 35
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 55
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)