Aug 20, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
Tuesday represents an exciting day for video game enthusiasts, hockey fans included.
EA Sports released a demo for NHL 14 in North America today, while European fans will get their own taste on Wednesday.
It includes three game modes: Play Now, NHL ’94 and Ultimate Team mode.
Fans of the 16-bit NHL games (/cues Jeremy Roenick references) will likely be most excited about the NHL ’94 mode, which is inspired by the titles that once dominated the Super Nintendo and Genesis era. (Click here for more information about that.)
The full retail game is available in North America on Sept. 10 and worldwide on Sept. 13.
Here’s a video for the demo:
(Screenshot via EA.)
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)