Aug 20, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Tuesday represents an exciting day for video game enthusiasts, hockey fans included.
EA Sports released a demo for NHL 14 in North America today, while European fans will get their own taste on Wednesday.
It includes three game modes: Play Now, NHL ’94 and Ultimate Team mode.
Fans of the 16-bit NHL games (/cues Jeremy Roenick references) will likely be most excited about the NHL ’94 mode, which is inspired by the titles that once dominated the Super Nintendo and Genesis era. (Click here for more information about that.)
The full retail game is available in North America on Sept. 10 and worldwide on Sept. 13.
Here’s a video for the demo:
(Screenshot via EA.)
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)