Aug 20, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Tuesday represents an exciting day for video game enthusiasts, hockey fans included.
EA Sports released a demo for NHL 14 in North America today, while European fans will get their own taste on Wednesday.
It includes three game modes: Play Now, NHL ’94 and Ultimate Team mode.
Fans of the 16-bit NHL games (/cues Jeremy Roenick references) will likely be most excited about the NHL ’94 mode, which is inspired by the titles that once dominated the Super Nintendo and Genesis era. (Click here for more information about that.)
The full retail game is available in North America on Sept. 10 and worldwide on Sept. 13.
Here’s a video for the demo:
(Screenshot via EA.)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)