Aug 19, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook‘s first child was born on Friday, as the team notes. Congratulations are in order, but it’s most noteworthy for the baby boy’s name: Carter Seven Seabrook.
Yes, that’s right; his child’s middle name matches Seabrook’s jersey number.
Some might view this as sheer egotism, but here are a few alternate thoughts:
- The 28-year-old defenseman could just be a big “Seinfeld” fan.
- Speaking of pop culture references, hopefully this isn’t a highly questionable reference to a notorious David Fincher film.
- Perhaps Seabrook plans on having seven kids and he’s merely counting them down by middle names?
- Stranger idea: what if other children are named after his teammates? (Eddie Eighty-eight might end up having a wild streak.)
Anyway, it could always be worse. Seabrook could’ve pulled a North West and called him Sea To Shining Seabrook or something.
Here’s the requisite adorable photo with Seabrook and his little No. 7, via the Blackhawks:
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 0
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 7
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)