Aug 19, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook‘s first child was born on Friday, as the team notes. Congratulations are in order, but it’s most noteworthy for the baby boy’s name: Carter Seven Seabrook.
Yes, that’s right; his child’s middle name matches Seabrook’s jersey number.
Some might view this as sheer egotism, but here are a few alternate thoughts:
- The 28-year-old defenseman could just be a big “Seinfeld” fan.
- Speaking of pop culture references, hopefully this isn’t a highly questionable reference to a notorious David Fincher film.
- Perhaps Seabrook plans on having seven kids and he’s merely counting them down by middle names?
- Stranger idea: what if other children are named after his teammates? (Eddie Eighty-eight might end up having a wild streak.)
Anyway, it could always be worse. Seabrook could’ve pulled a North West and called him Sea To Shining Seabrook or something.
Here’s the requisite adorable photo with Seabrook and his little No. 7, via the Blackhawks:
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 2
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 37
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)