Aug 19, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook‘s first child was born on Friday, as the team notes. Congratulations are in order, but it’s most noteworthy for the baby boy’s name: Carter Seven Seabrook.
Yes, that’s right; his child’s middle name matches Seabrook’s jersey number.
Some might view this as sheer egotism, but here are a few alternate thoughts:
- The 28-year-old defenseman could just be a big “Seinfeld” fan.
- Speaking of pop culture references, hopefully this isn’t a highly questionable reference to a notorious David Fincher film.
- Perhaps Seabrook plans on having seven kids and he’s merely counting them down by middle names?
- Stranger idea: what if other children are named after his teammates? (Eddie Eighty-eight might end up having a wild streak.)
Anyway, it could always be worse. Seabrook could’ve pulled a North West and called him Sea To Shining Seabrook or something.
Here’s the requisite adorable photo with Seabrook and his little No. 7, via the Blackhawks:
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)