Aug 19, 2013, 5:50 PM EST
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook‘s first child was born on Friday, as the team notes. Congratulations are in order, but it’s most noteworthy for the baby boy’s name: Carter Seven Seabrook.
Yes, that’s right; his child’s middle name matches Seabrook’s jersey number.
Some might view this as sheer egotism, but here are a few alternate thoughts:
- The 28-year-old defenseman could just be a big “Seinfeld” fan.
- Speaking of pop culture references, hopefully this isn’t a highly questionable reference to a notorious David Fincher film.
- Perhaps Seabrook plans on having seven kids and he’s merely counting them down by middle names?
- Stranger idea: what if other children are named after his teammates? (Eddie Eighty-eight might end up having a wild streak.)
Anyway, it could always be worse. Seabrook could’ve pulled a North West and called him Sea To Shining Seabrook or something.
Here’s the requisite adorable photo with Seabrook and his little No. 7, via the Blackhawks:
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)