Aug 19, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook‘s first child was born on Friday, as the team notes. Congratulations are in order, but it’s most noteworthy for the baby boy’s name: Carter Seven Seabrook.
Yes, that’s right; his child’s middle name matches Seabrook’s jersey number.
Some might view this as sheer egotism, but here are a few alternate thoughts:
- The 28-year-old defenseman could just be a big “Seinfeld” fan.
- Speaking of pop culture references, hopefully this isn’t a highly questionable reference to a notorious David Fincher film.
- Perhaps Seabrook plans on having seven kids and he’s merely counting them down by middle names?
- Stranger idea: what if other children are named after his teammates? (Eddie Eighty-eight might end up having a wild streak.)
Anyway, it could always be worse. Seabrook could’ve pulled a North West and called him Sea To Shining Seabrook or something.
Here’s the requisite adorable photo with Seabrook and his little No. 7, via the Blackhawks:
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 0
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 13
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 30
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 14
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)