Aug 18, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Ever since Mikhail Grabovski was bought out by the Toronto Maple Leafs, it seemed likely that he’d find a new home quickly. He’s a productive center and tends to drive opponents crazy at times, especially teams he used to play for.
Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun heard from one NHL GM about why Grabovski is still waiting for an offer.
“He was trying to cash in on getting the buyout and double dipping,” a general manager said. “And once everybody who wanted a center signed them, there was no place for him to get the kind of deal he wanted.”
All right, so he’s not going to get another large contract like he did from the Leafs, but surely there are still teams out there willing to take a flier on him, right?
Just take a peek around the league at teams that could use a No. 2 center and you’ll find some teams sticking out like sore thumbs. Washington and Nashville stand out in particular. There’s still time before training camps open up and it’s hard to imagine he’ll still be without a job.
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 4
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 3
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)