Aug 18, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Ever since Mikhail Grabovski was bought out by the Toronto Maple Leafs, it seemed likely that he’d find a new home quickly. He’s a productive center and tends to drive opponents crazy at times, especially teams he used to play for.
Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun heard from one NHL GM about why Grabovski is still waiting for an offer.
“He was trying to cash in on getting the buyout and double dipping,” a general manager said. “And once everybody who wanted a center signed them, there was no place for him to get the kind of deal he wanted.”
All right, so he’s not going to get another large contract like he did from the Leafs, but surely there are still teams out there willing to take a flier on him, right?
Just take a peek around the league at teams that could use a No. 2 center and you’ll find some teams sticking out like sore thumbs. Washington and Nashville stand out in particular. There’s still time before training camps open up and it’s hard to imagine he’ll still be without a job.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)