Aug 18, 2013, 1:35 PM EST
Damien Brunner debuted in the NHL last season after coming over from Switzerland and showed he could score goals with the best of them. While he showed he can stick, no one’s snagged him yet this summer. Could he be headed back for Europe? Not so says his agent.
In an email correspondence with a Swiss paper (via George Malik), Brunner’s agent, Neil Sheehy, says any talk of his client turning down big money from Detroit or returning to Europe is false. (Poor translation ahead)
“Yes, there are NHL teams interested in signing Brunner. And yes, I’m sure, when I say that Damien will play next season in the NHL,” Sheehy said.
Sheehy went on to say that Brunner enjoyed his time in Detroit but they’re going to wait it out for the right opportunity. Where that opportunity winds up being remains to be seen.
Goals are in demand but Brunner’s one shortened season in the NHL may be causing teams to pause on how much to pay up for him.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)