Aug 17, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Now that the Phoenix Coyotes have new owners, they’re looking forward to helping establish the team’s hold in the desert. Of course, that won’t stop some from looking at the five-year out-clause IceArizona has.
As Coyotes Chairman and Governor George Gosbee tells The Canadian Press, they have no plans or intent to move it or lose it.
“It’s frustrating for me because for this exit clause to kick in, we have to lose $50 million and that’s not something I want to do,” Gosbee said. “We came into this to build a successful organization in Phoenix and that’s our plan. We have no plans of relocating anywhere else and we have no plans to lose $50 million, I can tell you that.”
Well that’s a relief!
Snark aside, it’s good to know Gosbee and Anthony LeBlanc along with rest of the IceArizona group know what they’re getting into. The job they’ve got to do to further inspire fans to come out to Glendale won’t be easy. Or maybe it will be if fans were merely staying away because they didn’t want their hearts ripped out if the team moved.
The best thing they can do is make sure they ice an entertaining and competitive team.
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 0
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 8
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 23
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)