Aug 17, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Now that the Phoenix Coyotes have new owners, they’re looking forward to helping establish the team’s hold in the desert. Of course, that won’t stop some from looking at the five-year out-clause IceArizona has.
As Coyotes Chairman and Governor George Gosbee tells The Canadian Press, they have no plans or intent to move it or lose it.
“It’s frustrating for me because for this exit clause to kick in, we have to lose $50 million and that’s not something I want to do,” Gosbee said. “We came into this to build a successful organization in Phoenix and that’s our plan. We have no plans of relocating anywhere else and we have no plans to lose $50 million, I can tell you that.”
Well that’s a relief!
Snark aside, it’s good to know Gosbee and Anthony LeBlanc along with rest of the IceArizona group know what they’re getting into. The job they’ve got to do to further inspire fans to come out to Glendale won’t be easy. Or maybe it will be if fans were merely staying away because they didn’t want their hearts ripped out if the team moved.
The best thing they can do is make sure they ice an entertaining and competitive team.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)