Aug 17, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
When Maxim Lapierre hit free agency this summer, he had his heart set on one particular destination and it wasn’t St. Louis.
TVASports.com spoke with Lapierre (link in French) and finds out he did all he could to entice his old team, the Montreal Canadiens, into signing him. Here’s a poorly translated quote from the story.
“I did everything I could to get back with the Canadiens, but I did not figured in their plans,” he told the media at Hockey School Latendresse-Lapierre.
Lapierre spent the first five and a half seasons with Montreal before being traded to Anaheim on New Year’s Eve in 2010. He wound up signing a two-year deal with the Blues instead of landing back with the Habs this summer.
For a guy who doesn’t exactly have a great reputation you kind of feel bad for him that he couldn’t return home. We’ll likely forget all of that when he suits up for the Blues and finds new ways to terrorize the Central Division.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)