Aug 16, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Still, with the staggering array of talented American netminders in the NHL, it’s no guarantee that he’ll make the U.S. Olympic team for 2014. The 29-year-old acknowledged to the Bangor Daily News that he has his sights on one of the spots.
“I’m confident, but I don’t have a crystal ball. We’ll see how the season goes,” Howard said. “One of my goals this season is to be in Sochi in February. As long as I go out there and play the way I’m capable of playing, hopefully they’ll want to pick me.”
When you consider the numbers he’s compiled in the last two seasons in particular, it would be foolish to count him out.
(H/T to George Malik.)
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22