Aug 16, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Still, with the staggering array of talented American netminders in the NHL, it’s no guarantee that he’ll make the U.S. Olympic team for 2014. The 29-year-old acknowledged to the Bangor Daily News that he has his sights on one of the spots.
“I’m confident, but I don’t have a crystal ball. We’ll see how the season goes,” Howard said. “One of my goals this season is to be in Sochi in February. As long as I go out there and play the way I’m capable of playing, hopefully they’ll want to pick me.”
When you consider the numbers he’s compiled in the last two seasons in particular, it would be foolish to count him out.
(H/T to George Malik.)
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17