Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne’s NHL future is still up in the air, but the chances he returns to action for one more season have improved.
According to Timo Kunnari of Finnish site MTV3 (link in Finnish), the 43-year-old future Hall of Famer recently met with Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray.
As was shared at NHL.com, Selanne is making sure to make the right choice whether to play or hang it up.
“This is the biggest decision of my career. I have three options,” Selanne recently told Iltalehti (a newspaper in Finland), which was translated by NHL.fin correspondent Risto Pakarinen. “It’s up to me, if I feel like it, I can focus on golf.”
If nothing else, Claude Giroux proved tonight that golf isn’t without its perils either. As for talk about Selanne possibly signing with someone other than Anaheim, don’t buy into that. He’s said the past few seasons that it would either be Anaheim or retirement and that’s apparently the case again this time.
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (60)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (42)