Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
Teemu Selanne’s NHL future is still up in the air, but the chances he returns to action for one more season have improved.
According to Timo Kunnari of Finnish site MTV3 (link in Finnish), the 43-year-old future Hall of Famer recently met with Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray.
As was shared at NHL.com, Selanne is making sure to make the right choice whether to play or hang it up.
“This is the biggest decision of my career. I have three options,” Selanne recently told Iltalehti (a newspaper in Finland), which was translated by NHL.fin correspondent Risto Pakarinen. “It’s up to me, if I feel like it, I can focus on golf.”
If nothing else, Claude Giroux proved tonight that golf isn’t without its perils either. As for talk about Selanne possibly signing with someone other than Anaheim, don’t buy into that. He’s said the past few seasons that it would either be Anaheim or retirement and that’s apparently the case again this time.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 148
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (148)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)