Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne’s NHL future is still up in the air, but the chances he returns to action for one more season have improved.
According to Timo Kunnari of Finnish site MTV3 (link in Finnish), the 43-year-old future Hall of Famer recently met with Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray.
As was shared at NHL.com, Selanne is making sure to make the right choice whether to play or hang it up.
“This is the biggest decision of my career. I have three options,” Selanne recently told Iltalehti (a newspaper in Finland), which was translated by NHL.fin correspondent Risto Pakarinen. “It’s up to me, if I feel like it, I can focus on golf.”
If nothing else, Claude Giroux proved tonight that golf isn’t without its perils either. As for talk about Selanne possibly signing with someone other than Anaheim, don’t buy into that. He’s said the past few seasons that it would either be Anaheim or retirement and that’s apparently the case again this time.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 6
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 32
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)