Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne’s NHL future is still up in the air, but the chances he returns to action for one more season have improved.
According to Timo Kunnari of Finnish site MTV3 (link in Finnish), the 43-year-old future Hall of Famer recently met with Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray.
As was shared at NHL.com, Selanne is making sure to make the right choice whether to play or hang it up.
“This is the biggest decision of my career. I have three options,” Selanne recently told Iltalehti (a newspaper in Finland), which was translated by NHL.fin correspondent Risto Pakarinen. “It’s up to me, if I feel like it, I can focus on golf.”
If nothing else, Claude Giroux proved tonight that golf isn’t without its perils either. As for talk about Selanne possibly signing with someone other than Anaheim, don’t buy into that. He’s said the past few seasons that it would either be Anaheim or retirement and that’s apparently the case again this time.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)