Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne’s NHL future is still up in the air, but the chances he returns to action for one more season have improved.
According to Timo Kunnari of Finnish site MTV3 (link in Finnish), the 43-year-old future Hall of Famer recently met with Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray.
As was shared at NHL.com, Selanne is making sure to make the right choice whether to play or hang it up.
“This is the biggest decision of my career. I have three options,” Selanne recently told Iltalehti (a newspaper in Finland), which was translated by NHL.fin correspondent Risto Pakarinen. “It’s up to me, if I feel like it, I can focus on golf.”
If nothing else, Claude Giroux proved tonight that golf isn’t without its perils either. As for talk about Selanne possibly signing with someone other than Anaheim, don’t buy into that. He’s said the past few seasons that it would either be Anaheim or retirement and that’s apparently the case again this time.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 7
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 12
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 22
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)