Aug 14, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been without a captain ever since Brenden Morrow was traded to Pittsburgh last season. And according to new general manager Jim Nill, that will be the case until new head coach Lindy Ruff gets to know his troops a bit better.
“I am going to sit down with Lindy when we get into training camp and we’ll make that call then,” Nill said, per Stars Inside Edge. “I want Lindy to get a feel for the team a little bit first. It will happen sometime during training camp or the exhibition season.”
The Stars are hardly the only NHL team with a vacancy at captain — unless we missed a memo, the Sabres, Flames, Blue Jackets, Oilers, Islanders, Senators, and Lightning don’t have one either.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15