Aug 14, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been without a captain ever since Brenden Morrow was traded to Pittsburgh last season. And according to new general manager Jim Nill, that will be the case until new head coach Lindy Ruff gets to know his troops a bit better.
“I am going to sit down with Lindy when we get into training camp and we’ll make that call then,” Nill said, per Stars Inside Edge. “I want Lindy to get a feel for the team a little bit first. It will happen sometime during training camp or the exhibition season.”
The Stars are hardly the only NHL team with a vacancy at captain — unless we missed a memo, the Sabres, Flames, Blue Jackets, Oilers, Islanders, Senators, and Lightning don’t have one either.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 16
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5