Aug 14, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
The New York Rangers announced their full coaching staff today.
Supporting new head coach Alain Vigneault will be associate coach Scott Arniel and a pair of former Rangers players as assistants, Ulf Samuelsson and Daniel Lacroix.
Benoit Allaire will stay on as the goalie coach.
The club has all the details and coach backgrounds here.
From the Daily News:
Arniel, 50, will carry the title of Vigneault’s associate coach and is expected to take charge of the power play, while Samuelsson, 49, will address the defense as an assistant. Lacroix could become a coach who observes and operates from a bird’s eye view as well as from the bench.
Should be noted that Vigneault and Arniel know each other well from their time together in the Vancouver Canucks organization.
Lacroix was last an assistant with the Tampa Bay Lightning; however, he did not have his contract with the club renewed after last season.
As for Samuelsson, hey, remember the time he got knocked out by Tie Domi?
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 27
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)