Aug 14, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The New York Rangers announced their full coaching staff today.
Supporting new head coach Alain Vigneault will be associate coach Scott Arniel and a pair of former Rangers players as assistants, Ulf Samuelsson and Daniel Lacroix.
Benoit Allaire will stay on as the goalie coach.
The club has all the details and coach backgrounds here.
From the Daily News:
Arniel, 50, will carry the title of Vigneault’s associate coach and is expected to take charge of the power play, while Samuelsson, 49, will address the defense as an assistant. Lacroix could become a coach who observes and operates from a bird’s eye view as well as from the bench.
Should be noted that Vigneault and Arniel know each other well from their time together in the Vancouver Canucks organization.
Lacroix was last an assistant with the Tampa Bay Lightning; however, he did not have his contract with the club renewed after last season.
As for Samuelsson, hey, remember the time he got knocked out by Tie Domi?
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 0
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 3
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 6
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 32
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)