Aug 14, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The New York Rangers announced their full coaching staff today.
Supporting new head coach Alain Vigneault will be associate coach Scott Arniel and a pair of former Rangers players as assistants, Ulf Samuelsson and Daniel Lacroix.
Benoit Allaire will stay on as the goalie coach.
The club has all the details and coach backgrounds here.
From the Daily News:
Arniel, 50, will carry the title of Vigneault’s associate coach and is expected to take charge of the power play, while Samuelsson, 49, will address the defense as an assistant. Lacroix could become a coach who observes and operates from a bird’s eye view as well as from the bench.
Should be noted that Vigneault and Arniel know each other well from their time together in the Vancouver Canucks organization.
Lacroix was last an assistant with the Tampa Bay Lightning; however, he did not have his contract with the club renewed after last season.
As for Samuelsson, hey, remember the time he got knocked out by Tie Domi?
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 1
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 10
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 22
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)