Aug 14, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The New York Rangers announced their full coaching staff today.
Supporting new head coach Alain Vigneault will be associate coach Scott Arniel and a pair of former Rangers players as assistants, Ulf Samuelsson and Daniel Lacroix.
Benoit Allaire will stay on as the goalie coach.
The club has all the details and coach backgrounds here.
From the Daily News:
Arniel, 50, will carry the title of Vigneault’s associate coach and is expected to take charge of the power play, while Samuelsson, 49, will address the defense as an assistant. Lacroix could become a coach who observes and operates from a bird’s eye view as well as from the bench.
Should be noted that Vigneault and Arniel know each other well from their time together in the Vancouver Canucks organization.
Lacroix was last an assistant with the Tampa Bay Lightning; however, he did not have his contract with the club renewed after last season.
As for Samuelsson, hey, remember the time he got knocked out by Tie Domi?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)