Aug 14, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The New York Rangers announced their full coaching staff today.
Supporting new head coach Alain Vigneault will be associate coach Scott Arniel and a pair of former Rangers players as assistants, Ulf Samuelsson and Daniel Lacroix.
Benoit Allaire will stay on as the goalie coach.
The club has all the details and coach backgrounds here.
From the Daily News:
Arniel, 50, will carry the title of Vigneault’s associate coach and is expected to take charge of the power play, while Samuelsson, 49, will address the defense as an assistant. Lacroix could become a coach who observes and operates from a bird’s eye view as well as from the bench.
Should be noted that Vigneault and Arniel know each other well from their time together in the Vancouver Canucks organization.
Lacroix was last an assistant with the Tampa Bay Lightning; however, he did not have his contract with the club renewed after last season.
As for Samuelsson, hey, remember the time he got knocked out by Tie Domi?
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)