Aug 14, 2013, 7:38 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils announced that they’ll hold a “major news conference” at the Prudential Center on Thursday at 11 a.m. ET. One can basically take this as a confirmation that the team is being sold to Josh Harris and David Blitzer, a pairing who also own the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers.
As you can read in this post, reports indicate that the sale – which also includes the operating rights to the Prudential Center – comes in at more than $320 million. Thursday’s press conference may or may not confirm that number.
Either way, it appears virtually certain that the Devils’ ownership situation will be officially straightened out.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (49)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)