Aug 14, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils announced that they’ll hold a “major news conference” at the Prudential Center on Thursday at 11 a.m. ET. One can basically take this as a confirmation that the team is being sold to Josh Harris and David Blitzer, a pairing who also own the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers.
As you can read in this post, reports indicate that the sale – which also includes the operating rights to the Prudential Center – comes in at more than $320 million. Thursday’s press conference may or may not confirm that number.
Either way, it appears virtually certain that the Devils’ ownership situation will be officially straightened out.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)