Aug 14, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils announced that they’ll hold a “major news conference” at the Prudential Center on Thursday at 11 a.m. ET. One can basically take this as a confirmation that the team is being sold to Josh Harris and David Blitzer, a pairing who also own the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers.
As you can read in this post, reports indicate that the sale – which also includes the operating rights to the Prudential Center – comes in at more than $320 million. Thursday’s press conference may or may not confirm that number.
Either way, it appears virtually certain that the Devils’ ownership situation will be officially straightened out.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 3
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 11
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)