Aug 14, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils announced that they’ll hold a “major news conference” at the Prudential Center on Thursday at 11 a.m. ET. One can basically take this as a confirmation that the team is being sold to Josh Harris and David Blitzer, a pairing who also own the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers.
As you can read in this post, reports indicate that the sale – which also includes the operating rights to the Prudential Center – comes in at more than $320 million. Thursday’s press conference may or may not confirm that number.
Either way, it appears virtually certain that the Devils’ ownership situation will be officially straightened out.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55