Aug 14, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils announced that they’ll hold a “major news conference” at the Prudential Center on Thursday at 11 a.m. ET. One can basically take this as a confirmation that the team is being sold to Josh Harris and David Blitzer, a pairing who also own the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers.
As you can read in this post, reports indicate that the sale – which also includes the operating rights to the Prudential Center – comes in at more than $320 million. Thursday’s press conference may or may not confirm that number.
Either way, it appears virtually certain that the Devils’ ownership situation will be officially straightened out.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)