Aug 13, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
Saginaw Spirit defenseman Dalton Young has been charged with multiple offenses after a pair of alleged incidents involving his girlfriend and her father.
Per The Times Herald (Port Huron, Michigan), Marysville police allege Young, 20, first assaulted his girlfriend (for which he was arrested on Thursday and released Friday), then…
The same day, he visited his girlfriend’s home in the 2700 block of River Road, [Marysville Police Chief Tim Buelow] said.
Upon learning that his girlfriend wasn’t home, Young allegedly forced his way into the home and entered the parents’ bedroom, and then proceeded into the kitchen.
The Marysville woman’s parents called Young’s parents. Young’s parents came over and were speaking with the homeowners when Young exited the kitchen and stabbed his girlfriend’s father in the back, Buelow said.
Officers responded to the home. After attending to the stabbing victim, they found Young attempting to remove a rifle from a locked secured rack in a Marysville patrol car.
Young was arrested and taken to St. Clair County Jail.
The 48-year-old man stabbed by Young was treated and released from the hospital.
Young had 45 points in 68 games for the Spirit in 2012-13. He has not been drafted by an NHL team.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)