Aug 12, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
Canucks winger David Booth is apparently still not skating this late into the summer, according to a report out of Vancouver on Monday.
As per a tweet from News 1130 Sports in Vancouver, and citing Booth’s agent, Mike Liut, Booth has not yet began skating and has a screw left in his ankle.
Booth had been mentioned as a possible compliance buyout candidate, however the injury prevented that from taking place.
A sometimes controversial figure in Vancouver for his off-ice activities, which include hunting and posting photos of his kills on social media, Booth struggled mightily with the Canucks coming out of the lockout.
He suffered a groin injury on the first day of the hastened training camp and which was expected to keep him out of the lineup for four-to-six weeks.
He originally missed the entire first month of the season.
Once healthy, the offensive production from the second-line winger was not there.
Booth, who has two years remaining on a six-year deal that comes with a $4.25 million annual cap hit, had one goal – an empty-net goal – and three points in 12 games.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 148
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)