Aug 12, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
Canucks winger David Booth is apparently still not skating this late into the summer, according to a report out of Vancouver on Monday.
As per a tweet from News 1130 Sports in Vancouver, and citing Booth’s agent, Mike Liut, Booth has not yet began skating and has a screw left in his ankle.
Booth had been mentioned as a possible compliance buyout candidate, however the injury prevented that from taking place.
A sometimes controversial figure in Vancouver for his off-ice activities, which include hunting and posting photos of his kills on social media, Booth struggled mightily with the Canucks coming out of the lockout.
He suffered a groin injury on the first day of the hastened training camp and which was expected to keep him out of the lineup for four-to-six weeks.
He originally missed the entire first month of the season.
Once healthy, the offensive production from the second-line winger was not there.
Booth, who has two years remaining on a six-year deal that comes with a $4.25 million annual cap hit, had one goal – an empty-net goal – and three points in 12 games.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 4
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)