Aug 12, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Canucks winger David Booth is apparently still not skating this late into the summer, according to a report out of Vancouver on Monday.
As per a tweet from News 1130 Sports in Vancouver, and citing Booth’s agent, Mike Liut, Booth has not yet began skating and has a screw left in his ankle.
Booth had been mentioned as a possible compliance buyout candidate, however the injury prevented that from taking place.
A sometimes controversial figure in Vancouver for his off-ice activities, which include hunting and posting photos of his kills on social media, Booth struggled mightily with the Canucks coming out of the lockout.
He suffered a groin injury on the first day of the hastened training camp and which was expected to keep him out of the lineup for four-to-six weeks.
He originally missed the entire first month of the season.
Once healthy, the offensive production from the second-line winger was not there.
Booth, who has two years remaining on a six-year deal that comes with a $4.25 million annual cap hit, had one goal – an empty-net goal – and three points in 12 games.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20