Aug 12, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Canucks winger David Booth is apparently still not skating this late into the summer, according to a report out of Vancouver on Monday.
As per a tweet from News 1130 Sports in Vancouver, and citing Booth’s agent, Mike Liut, Booth has not yet began skating and has a screw left in his ankle.
Booth had been mentioned as a possible compliance buyout candidate, however the injury prevented that from taking place.
A sometimes controversial figure in Vancouver for his off-ice activities, which include hunting and posting photos of his kills on social media, Booth struggled mightily with the Canucks coming out of the lockout.
He suffered a groin injury on the first day of the hastened training camp and which was expected to keep him out of the lineup for four-to-six weeks.
He originally missed the entire first month of the season.
Once healthy, the offensive production from the second-line winger was not there.
Booth, who has two years remaining on a six-year deal that comes with a $4.25 million annual cap hit, had one goal – an empty-net goal – and three points in 12 games.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)