Aug 12, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
Canucks winger David Booth is apparently still not skating this late into the summer, according to a report out of Vancouver on Monday.
As per a tweet from News 1130 Sports in Vancouver, and citing Booth’s agent, Mike Liut, Booth has not yet began skating and has a screw left in his ankle.
Booth had been mentioned as a possible compliance buyout candidate, however the injury prevented that from taking place.
A sometimes controversial figure in Vancouver for his off-ice activities, which include hunting and posting photos of his kills on social media, Booth struggled mightily with the Canucks coming out of the lockout.
He suffered a groin injury on the first day of the hastened training camp and which was expected to keep him out of the lineup for four-to-six weeks.
He originally missed the entire first month of the season.
Once healthy, the offensive production from the second-line winger was not there.
Booth, who has two years remaining on a six-year deal that comes with a $4.25 million annual cap hit, had one goal – an empty-net goal – and three points in 12 games.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 17
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 11
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8