Aug 12, 2013, 8:25 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Yeah, that’s Michael Handzus with the Stanley Cup back in his home country of Slovakia. It draws a crowd everywhere it goes. (Getty)
Just to help you through the doldrums of summer, here’s your light at the end of the tunnel: There are 50 days left until opening night.
On to the news…
The likely new owners of the Devils are being viewed as guys who will build up the current team, not rip it apart. You mean their roster can be decimated further?! (Star-Ledger)
Flames prospect Bill Arnold is catching the eyes of one scout at Boston College. (Calgary Flames)
Senators owner Eugene Melnyk is talking more about the team facing a new financial reality. Gulp. (Senators Extra)
Finally, a sad note to pass along. Arizona Republic writer and Coyotes beat reporter Jim Gintonio passed away last night following a battle with cancer.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25