Aug 12, 2013, 8:25 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Yeah, that’s Michael Handzus with the Stanley Cup back in his home country of Slovakia. It draws a crowd everywhere it goes. (Getty)
Just to help you through the doldrums of summer, here’s your light at the end of the tunnel: There are 50 days left until opening night.
On to the news…
The likely new owners of the Devils are being viewed as guys who will build up the current team, not rip it apart. You mean their roster can be decimated further?! (Star-Ledger)
Flames prospect Bill Arnold is catching the eyes of one scout at Boston College. (Calgary Flames)
Senators owner Eugene Melnyk is talking more about the team facing a new financial reality. Gulp. (Senators Extra)
Finally, a sad note to pass along. Arizona Republic writer and Coyotes beat reporter Jim Gintonio passed away last night following a battle with cancer.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)