Sidney Crosby is so good he gets to skip DMV lines

Aug 11, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT

Sidney Crosby AP

Think of the ways your favorite local sports hero can become a heel. We’ve seen a few of them lately. You can be accused of murder, use performance-enhancing drugs, or find other ways to wind up on the back page.

Sidney Crosby managed to upset some Pittsburgh-area people by cutting to the front of the line at the Pennsylvania DMV. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette shares Sid the Kid’s tale of living the dream (via Puck Daddy) and the others who didn’t much care for it.

“I disapprove,” said 46-year-old Susan Campbell of Cranberry, who later in the day spent an hour and half at the center off McKnight Road and waited in line twice to help her 20-year-old daughter, Jessica, renew her license before heading off to college. “He should have to sit and wait with everyone else.”

As for why Sid the Kid was allowed to jump ahead of everyone, DMV employees have the ability to let anyone who might cause a disruption go to the front.

Crosby in an office with lots of Pittsburgh sports fans and potential starstruck teenagers alike? They’re fortunate the line to get into the DMV didn’t go down the block. As for the rest of us who still have to wait in an interminably long line, we’ll be over here seething with jealousy.

1. charliereno - Aug 11, 2013 at 12:39 PM

As much as I hate Sidney Crybaby, the mouth-breathers that are complaining need to realize that they’d have to wait anyway, even if he hadn’t cut in line.

• pens87 - Aug 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM

They would probably even have to wait longer…that place would become a mob scene of fans hungry for autographs. If you read the actual article, the DMV representative stated this is why they rushed him along. A quote from it “If I knew he was going to be there, I’d be down there in five seconds”, as would lots of others, so I can’t blame them.

If the biggest issue with Crosby this year is how long he has to wait in line at the DMV, then things should be just fine this season.

5 weeks till the preseason…

• m1k3g - Aug 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM

It’s humorous to me that people’s hatred of Crosby runs so deep that they completely ignore the reason they ushered him to the front.

Imagine if he had just showed up as you or I would have. Everyone starts texting their friends, and suddenly there’s 500 people mobbing the DMV that have no business being there.

A friend of mine used to work at a restaurant out here in the OC. He texted me one night saying that Roethlisberger was going to be there. Within an hour, there was a crowd outside of the restaurant waiting to mob him when he came out. And this is in southern California, not 20 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh.

• dueman - Aug 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Easy there people, it’s Crosby, not the bloody Beatles we’re talking about here…”suddenly 500 people” lol

• blomfeld - Aug 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM

• burgh916 - Aug 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM

There’s no hope for the people that see a problem with this totally justified action. (Aside from the trolls that hate on him anyways.) They’re the type of people that walk around and think society owes you something, for no apparent reason.
      How much money have you all donated to charity? How many childrens hospitals have you been to? How many dying kids have you cheered up? How many presents have you bought less-than-fortunate children on Christmas? How many appearances have you made to kids with special needs to make their day better? How many hours out of your day have you spent with your fans giving them pizza and thanking them for their commitment to your team? How many times have you gone door to door to deliver tickets to your fans?

Yeah, god forbid Sid has to go ahead of everyone else for his DL.

• bbk1000 - Aug 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM

No mouth breathers in here…knuckle draggers, oh yea…

2. Stiller43 - Aug 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Meh…i can see both sides of this…

It would suck to wait long and see someone not wait because theyre famous.

BUT yeah, him in a room full of 200 people going “OH EM GEE, ITS SIDNEY CROSBY!!!” for an hour or two while he sits there, likely being dry humped for autographs or pictures…that wouldnt go well.

Im guessing that not many famous people wait in line at the DMV, not just croz.

• claudegirwho - Aug 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Yet your probably one of those people who think steelers can do no wrong. These yinzers need to shut up they’ll pay top dollar to go watch criminals play football but Crosby skips a line it’s a crime. “Because I had to wait in line an extra five minutes I missed bens first snap in preseason.” If this is the worst thing he’ll do all year I’m fine with that in a week some steeler will probably strangle his pregnant side b!tch.

• slickjrcc - Aug 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM

If he was forced to wait in line with everyone else, he wouldn’t be able to sit there unmolested by fans. He’s entitle to private time in public like all of us. If he decides to refuse to sign autographs, it takes only one nut to endanger not only Crosby, but everyone there waiting to conduct their business.

• sfbookreviews - Aug 11, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Criminals play football? You seem to be confused. One Steeler was arrested in 2013 and he was immediately released. Before that, the last non-alcohol related arrest was 2008. And I watched the Pirate game with only occasional flipping over the first preseason Steeler game in between innings.

As for this “story”, I am not at all upset. They avoided a mob scene. Good for them.

• illashell - Aug 11, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Thug league.

• cjdecker91 - Aug 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I live in Green Bay Wisconsin and the packer players around here don’t cut in lines…James Jones sat next to me at the DMV for over an hour and just chatted with everyone around, signed a few autographs, Rodgers waits in line at the local restaurant every time he needs to be seated (and he goes every Friday night he is in town)

3. r4n6er - Aug 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM

The article writes, “I disapprove,” said 46-year-old Susan Campbell of Cranberry, who later in the day spent an hour and half at the center off McKnight Road and waited in line twice to help her 20-year-old daughter.”

If, as a 46-year-old, you have to help your 20-year-old at the DMV then your family has bigger problems then Sid the kid renewing his DL. It even states that this 20-year-old is attending college….Pick a new college, preferably one that might actually prepare this useless person for life.

• r4n6er - Aug 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM

All thumbs downs have kids that can’t do anything without their mommy.

• r4n6er - Aug 11, 2013 at 2:59 PM

And all thumbs down on this one have kids who can’t do anything without their dads.

• jessica2326 - Aug 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I happen to be that 20 year old you just insulted with your need to be a jerk and just so you know I got to college 3000 miles away from where I am from to attend the best accounting program in the country and I am in town for two days so I needed a ride to the DMV so you can shut your mouth because I live completely on my own and when I graduate I guarantee I’ll already be making more money than you’ll ever see in your life

• r4n6er - Aug 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I am sorry that you “got to college 3000 miles away” and in no way am I implying that all 20 something’s have to rely on their parents to do simple daily tasks. What I was insinuating, with my comment, is that if you are required to baby your young adult child then perhaps you might have more important things to do then worry about professional athletes. Additionally, the article stated that this person had to wait in line (twice, I assume because they failed at waiting in line the first time) for their child, not drive them to the DMV. As for your ability to eventually live on your own, I wish you nothing but success on your journey to becoming self-sufficient. No doubt with your very articulate comment you are all but assured success in life. Watch out world, the greatest, richest accountant is almost here.

• chanceoffleury1 - Aug 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Well, Jessica, I hope your resume has better punctuation and grammar than this post because if not your f***ed, and you better hope Sidney Crosby falls in love with you and makes you his baby mama because those child support payments are the only way your gonna be making more money than anybody. And it took me a whole 10 seconds to look up the best accounting programs in the US, unfortunately none of them are 3000 miles away. In fact, none of the Top 10 according to US News were 3000 miles away from Pittsburgh.

• youngobi - Aug 11, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I seriously doubt that you are the person that had to wait in line for ONE EXTRA PERSON. If you go to college 3000 miles away, you’re either in Hawaii, Alaska, or in a different country, so you shouldn’t be at the DMV anyway. When you graduate, you’ll be in debt, not making more money than me.

• laxman1944 - Aug 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Ouch…….Don’t mess with “Chance”………

• blomfeld - Aug 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM

“I’ll already be making more money than you’ll ever see in your life” …

That may indeed come to be sweetheart … but hopefully you’ll also come to learn that accumulating money pales when compared to so many of life’s other ‘true’ measurements of success, such as doing good deeds, helping the suffering and spreading joy …

• florida727 - Aug 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Jessica, honey, if you’re as good at geography as you are at accounting, you’re in for a rough life and you sure as heck won’t be making more money than anybody on PHT. Seeing as Pittsburgh to San Diego is 2,410.2 miles (Google; you’ve heard of it, right?), you either go to school IN the Pacific Ocean, or part way to freaking London. Nice try “Jessica”, or whoever you really are.

• c9castine - Aug 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Lol all college kids think they are gonna graduate and just get handed a bunch of money. Hopefully you grow up a lot before you do graduate. Besides mommy didn’t teach you one of the first lessons of life, famous people are rich and have advantages. And what your should realize is that Sidney Crosby isn’t the kid that takes advantage. If you we’re him and walked into a crowded DMV and the employees said he lets just get you out of the way so a mob scene doesn’t develop and our waiting room turns into a nightmare, you’d say “ok thanks”. This isn’t Derek engelland, it’s one of the most famous athletes in the world. Stop your whining

• jpelle82 - Aug 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I hope you’re better with numbers than English. Last I heard, Penn had the best accounting grad program in the US and that would only be 300 miles away, I really hope that is what you meant, not 3000 miles.

4. messire3124 - Aug 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Nathaniel. if you think Josephine`s artlclee is super, last saturday I got a new Fiat Panda from having made $7002 this-past/month and-in excess of, $10 thousand last-month. with-out any doubt it’s my favourite-work Ive ever had. I started this eight months/ago and straight away was earning minimum $79.. per/hr. I work through this link, http://going360.biz/?1=bo0375

5. girouxed - Aug 11, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Swept.

• claudegirwho - Aug 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM

How many playoff games did the flyers win? About just as many as they’ll win this year.

• laxman1944 - Aug 11, 2013 at 7:41 PM

They’ll win 5 million in a row……It’s gonna be great fun

• pens5829 - Aug 11, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Funny how the Cryer trolls are still out during the off-season…

6. blackhawks2010 - Aug 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM

No story here, makes sense to move Sid thru to avoid distractions. They would do the same for any famous athlete or actor, etc.

Couldn’t imagine Walter Payton waiting in a line neither.

7. blomfeld - Aug 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM

AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE !

And I won’t even get started on the effeminate and very ‘un-hetero’ pose which Crosby has chosen to strike in the picture above! The bottom line friends is that if ‘our’ hero Elvis Presley can answer the call of duty and serve his country in the army for a whole two years, then Crosby should be forced to stand in line for a lousy ‘hour’ along with everyone else. Nothing could ever be more ‘clear cut and dry’ than that !

• claudegirwho - Aug 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Nothing screams effeminate and un-hetero like you do. You have problems

• mmmpierogi - Aug 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Can you possibly get any whinier about a total non-story?

There’s absolutely no context given in the article as to how the guy moved to the head of the line, so you’re jumping to conclusions. For all you know, he went in to register before getting in line, gave them his name, and they ushered him ahead of anyone without him so much as suggesting anything. If that’s the case and I’m in his shoes, I’m totally going to the head of the line — there are way better things to do than sit around watching people be obnoxious and miserable for a couple hours. The DMV isn’t known for being the DMV for nothing.

• nj666 - Aug 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Yeah elvis really “served” all right.. it was a publicity stunt pal. not to mention Crosby isn’t even from this country. Whats your plan? send him to syria?

• blomfeld - Aug 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM

“a publicity stunt” ?

Listen Lucifer (aka nj666) …

Your remarks clearly identify you as being just another one of these ‘stupid, dumb, new-age, parasitic’ pieces of flotsam! … nothing more and nothing less. And I also take it that you’re < 40 years of age, right? Seriously pal, do you even have an 'inkling' of an idea as to what Elvis gave up when he answered the call of duty back in '58 ? … probably not. Well despite the potential for career suicide and the personal forfeiture of 'untold' millions, coupled with the fact that the entire music industry at the time was 'instantly' left an apocalyptic ground zero, what Elvis did then was true virtue defined by doing the 'right' thing. On the other hand, your contemporary heroes like Usher, Selena Gomez and Pink are absolute 'human' jokes in comparison. Yeah, I can sure see 'The Biebs' giving it all up by going to serve his country in Afghanistan or some other God forsaken place ! … the little POS is too busy racing down the 405 freeway in his Ferrari, trying to garner the attention of anyone stupid enough to look ! Nothing makes me angrier than flippant punks like you who casually dismiss the 'great' works & efforts of those who've 'virtuously' gone before us …

summary: if you can't stand the attention of fame, then don't become famous !

• 385blazermaniac - Aug 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Blomfeld , While I agree with you about Elvis I think you are wrong in assuming what others would do if called . I bet Selena would be there in a heartbeat if needed . And yes I am well over 40 . Just saying it isn’t right either to assume .

• nj666 - Aug 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM

ok blomfeld I guess were just throwing a logical conversation right out the window?

• nj666 - Aug 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM

pat tillman was a hero, elvis sat around a base camp playing guitar and saw 0 combat.

• 385blazermaniac - Aug 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Elvis did what he was told to do just like the rest of the troops . Sevice is Service from cook to General .

• blomfeld - Aug 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Let’s take a knee friends …

nj666 – thanks for mentioning Pat Tillman, as I was trying to recall his name while typing my earlier response to you … I don’t know much about him, other than the fact that he never flinched from doing ‘that’ which was asked of him … God bless the man and may the spirit of his pure ‘virtue’ forever live in us …

blazermaniacs – while it’s possible that young Selena could be an agent of decency, to date there simply isn’t enough empirical evidence to prove that ? …

• stinkpretty1 - Aug 11, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Crosby is just a guy on a buffalo

• sfbookreviews - Aug 11, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Right, because comparing societal reaction from 50 years ago to today is perfectly valid.

• blomfeld - Aug 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM

friend … never forget that ‘virtue’ and doing the ‘right’ thing are timeless concepts

8. Stiller43 - Aug 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Claudegirwho,

…do i sense a pens fan who hates steelers fans? Alright…

• claudegirwho - Aug 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I used to be a steeler fan till after seeing them out and how they act. Football altogether is a joke of a sport for the people they employ. Fix it and ill become a fan again till then ill send my money to prisoners if I want to make a donation.

• blomfeld - Aug 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM

“Fix it and ‘ill’ become a fan again till then ‘ill’ send my money to prisoners” ?

Blomfeld: as counsel for the people, we’ve no further questions your honor …

Judge: thank you comrade Blomfeld … the accused ‘Claudegirwho’ is guilty as charged !

• claudegirwho - Aug 11, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Like I’ve said before I feel so bad for the people that actually have to deal with you on a daily basis. I’m sure there’s not many being that your incredible annoying and constantly are crying out for attention. Oh and get help for the voices in your head.

9. theskinsman - Aug 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Maybe there was the possibility of a Boston Bruin in the DMV? Cindy would’ve wet herself in fear. Good move letting her cut the line. Those puddles on the floor could be a slipping hazard. Can’t have people flopping all over the place.

10. Stiller43 - Aug 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Claudegirwho,

As long as you realize the bad people in football are outnumbered by the good…across the nfl, not just in pittsburgh.

Sure theres gonna be a turd or 2 per team, but MANY have their own charities to do great things for the community…

11. nj666 - Aug 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I bet half of those idiots would be fine with ben rothlesberger cutting in line.

• atwatercrushesokoye - Aug 11, 2013 at 3:34 PM

His security detail would have invited the 20 year old college bound girl to go “visit” Big Ben in the washroom….allegedly

12. rushledger - Aug 11, 2013 at 2:58 PM

So people’s wait got added by one person if they didn’t approve the line jump? Wow big deal, Sid got pittsburgh a new arena, if I lived there he can cut me in line all the time.

13. officialgame - Aug 11, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Pick your poison. If Crosby had to wait he would have whined and cried for two hours then complained to the officials.

14. wranglerick - Aug 11, 2013 at 3:43 PM

what would happen if he had got the Stanley cup winning goal ?

15. psunick - Aug 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM

The Pennsylvania DMV should have stuck him in isolation for a couple of hours and made him wait for his turn there.

• blomfeld - Aug 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I concur …

and while that was happening, I also believe that DMV security officers should have had a little ‘chat’ with him regarding the fact that he’s now likely a potential threat on the roads there in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, given his recent history of concussions and trauma to the head …

16. chanceoffleury1 - Aug 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Somewhere in the greater Pittsburgh area Sidney Crosby is out there hearing about the ruckus his line cutting has caused and he continues to probably not care. If people didn’t act like asses whenever they saw a professional athlete (or any famous person) then the famous people wouldn’t even have an argument for getting preferential treatment. If you treat them like normal people then businesses will too. Besides, word of advice to anybody who “waits all day” at the Duncan Manor DMV, get your lazy butt out of bed at 8:30 in the morning and you won’t wait longer than 30 minutes. I can’t speak for any other DMV in the USA, but I go to this same exact DMV and I always go as soon as it opens and I’ve never had to be there past 9:15am if I go early. Nobody ever said life is fair. If you want to work your butt off and become one of the best hockey players in the world then by all means go ahead and do it. Nobody, including Sidney Crosby, is holding you back from doing that. And once you do it you can go cut all the lines at all the DMVs across the greater Pittsburgh area and nobody can stop you. Not even moms there to coddle their college aged children who can’t keep track of their birth certificate and SS card all by them-self for 4 whole hours.

17. pensman29 - Aug 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM

^ Lol!
    And the only person who had a problem with it was the girls mom. She was the only person who got pissed enough and I assume called a news paper or something. Really crazy this is news…

18. capsrockva - Aug 11, 2013 at 5:27 PM

That is the most BS I’ve heard this off season. Crybaby should have to wait in line like everybody else. This is more ridiculous than the state of the Phoenix Coyotes situation.

19. bobc74 - Aug 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I live in PA and usually don’t have to wait very long when I go to the DMV, either. But that’s because I know exactly what days and times my local DMV is open. Then I get up early and get moving so that I’m there BEFORE the place opens so I’m one of the first people in the door when they open. Besides that, to all the people who are complaining, they should be glad that someone like Crosby, who has enough money to live anywhere in the world has put down roots in Pittsburgh. Which means not only is he contributing back to local charitable organizations through the Penguins organization, but he is also living and shopping in the area helping to support the wages of those buying tickets to his hockey games.

20. blimpmaster - Aug 11, 2013 at 7:01 PM

They drive in Canada?

• valoisvipers - Aug 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Yes we do drive in Canada but he hard part was getting the horses to learn the metric system.

21. gewehrpatrone - Aug 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Y`know, first of all if I knew then what I know now I would`ve probably convinced my family to buy the area now called “Cranberry Twp” when it was called Criders Corners and Ogle and Fernway just so Ms. Susy Campbell and her helicoptered off-spring could live elsewhere.
    I`ll bet she voted for Obama too. Twice.

More to the point can you imagine the mob, the traffic, the mayhem that would have resulted if Sidney had to sit in that chair for an hour or so…
    The Duncan Manor DMV is no Taj Mahal, dumbazzes like Ms. Campbell would do well to remember that. And just because of the minor inconvenience of allowing a hockey player that brings more money into the local economy in a year than Ms. campbell will contribute in a life-time doesn`t give her a seat at the table of the “I don`t approve” commitee.

What a shmuck…

22. garryjercia - Aug 11, 2013 at 7:27 PM

They wanted to get him outta there before someone brushed up against him, causing him to be flung to the floor, followed by the inevitable sour puss when no one was called for a penalty.

It’s just a reflex for him, but really it’s just embarrassing for everyone.

23. ishiibrad - Aug 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM

You forgot the bigger picture here. Sid is Canadian and in no way shape or form should we be standing waiting in line with you low life,inbred, gun totting bible thumpers ! Canadians have far more important things to do with our time !
    Just be glad your government hasn`t closed down the DMV yet do to funding cuts!

• nyrnashty - Aug 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM

This guy seems mad.

• blomfeld - Aug 12, 2013 at 12:35 AM

‘Zip It’ you human idiot !

Ishiibrad (aka jetsam) … Americans are perhaps my favorite people in the world … not to mention the fact that we pansy-assed Canadians are ‘lucky as hell’ to have them residing right next door to us. Yeah sure, I’d like to see some queen like you trying to sound off like that in China, Iran, Russia, Somalia, Syria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Haiti, Burma, Kazakhstan, etc. You ‘tough’ guys always love to open your yaps whenever there’s no real danger present, eh ? Well suffice it say pal, that while God may be blind to color and race, his eyes stare ‘intensely’ at those who are agents of upset. And therefore the bottom line is that either you change your stupid line of thinking, or soon you will come to find yourself under the heels of decency !

• sinnister - Aug 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM

……..said the Justin Bieber fan.

24. nyrnashty - Aug 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM

This guy never caught on in America. The NHL tried really hard, but it pissed people off even more. NHL should make P Kane their poster boy in the States at least. Crosby will never be a huge star here. It’s weird because Gretzky, Lemieux, Messier were all big enough for sports fans to know and people liked them. I wasn’t even aware that sports people actually had to show up to the DMV. Imagine if Lebron walked in the place would burn down haha.

25. amityvillefun - Aug 12, 2013 at 1:28 AM

He’s a good hockey player….big deal. He gets enough special treatment. Let him sit with the gentry and maybe it will make him appreciate it a little more.

If he doesn’t want to be recognized, wear a disguise. He can afford a good one.

It’s time to draw a line in the sand and start treating celebrities like everyone else. We pay these people enough already. Does he have a royal wiper too?

26. bettwoman - Aug 12, 2013 at 2:58 AM

He should wear a bag over his head. Problem. Solved. No one knows its him meaning no giant crowd and he waits in line like everybody else. Bam done. And if he wants his face in the pic then pull the bag off when they snap the picture. It’s the last thing you do so he’d be out the door before the mob shows up

27. bbk1000 - Aug 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I wonder which box he checked while selecting his sex…..

28. kastout11 - Aug 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM

As a Flyer’s fan, I obviously have a strong dislike for Crosby, but anyone with half a brain should understand why he was moved to the front of the line, even though you do not have to like it. Come on people, he is Sidney Crosby.

29. sinnister - Aug 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Sid don’t need no stinkin’ license.

30. Florio's Lawyer - Aug 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM

So why are all these people standing in lines at the DMV anyway?
    Don’t they know you can do most any applications, license and registration renewals online now – for free?

31. northstarnic - Aug 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Funny – if it’s a story about an NFLer misbehaving it’s because he killed someone or beat up a woman. The kid from the NBA stomped a homeless guy (and got almost no coverage for his unbelievable behavior). MLB superstar is caught up in a wide-reaching underground drug trade (we’ll never know just how many guys are/were juicing). NHLer? Was allowed to go to the front of the line at the DMV. What a menace!

32. billsboy88 - Aug 12, 2013 at 12:25 PM

A 20 year old needed help renewing her license?? Geez there really isn’t much to it! I’d b pretty embarrassed if I had needed that much hand-holding while in college. For that matter, she should just can the whole college idea. Clearly a waste of money.

33. northstarnic - Aug 12, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Wow, who knew an article involving the DMV could inspire such an uproar?! (Kidding – nothing gets MANY people foaming at the mouth quicker than the mere thought of that insufferable institution.)
    By the way, if you don’t appreciate Crosby for his immense talent on the ice and his considerable celebrity off it, you are either delusional, don’t know sh!t about hockey, or both. I am not a fan of his, but I know hockey greatness when I see it.

34. northstarnic - Aug 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Hey Blomfeld! You senile old coot! Get off the computer! For the last time, the computers are for nursing home staff use only!!!

• blomfeld - Aug 12, 2013 at 1:31 PM

*** Just recently at a sporting goods store ***

Northstarnic: hi asshole ! … listen, do you idiots sell any Crosby memorabilia here ?

Blomfeld: I’m afraid not, however you might try the Victoria’s Secret store on 49th Ave …

Northstarnic: huh ? … what the hell are you saying asshole ? … are you like nuts ?

Blomfeld: yes, Cashews to be exact … guards, kindly show this man the door ‘head’ first !

Guards: yes comrade !

Northstarnic: hey man, take it easy ! … like what’s going on here ?

Guards: shut up you scum ! … KAPOW !! .. KABOOM !!! … KAZAM !!!!

35. ndrick731 - Aug 12, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Can’t expect that pos to be bothered with the rabble. I was in a jury pool with Mickey Mantle back in the 70’s and he was friendly and autographed everything that was put before him. By the end of the week everybody thought of him as a friend. That’s just the way he made every one feel. But you couldn’t expect Cindy to give a damn about the people who are responsible for all millions he getting to whine for 82 games a year.

• theageofquarrel - Aug 12, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Oh Wow!!! Mickey Mantle!!! Good story gramps!!! Here is your Metamucil

36. banger60 - Aug 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM

You computer tough guys slamming a 20 yr. old need your little pus*y asses kicked with your haha GANGSTA talk.

37. northstarnic - Aug 12, 2013 at 1:09 PM

They let you folks around GB get driver’s licenses? Isn’t that basically DWI entrapment? Or did they give up and just make drunk driving legal in GB?

38. northstarnic - Aug 12, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Oh I get it! Because Sidney Crosby is a girl! Good one! A girl!… Lol… Man you’re good!

39. pensfan1 - Aug 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Why does anyone have to wait at the DMV for a renewal – including Sid? Doesn’t PA have on-line renewals like other states? 60 seconds at home and my new license is on it’s way in the mail. We only need to go in if the photo has changed.

As far as going to school 3,000 miles away, why don’t you have a license from there? You obviously have an address there where you live. Why not use it as a residence, especially if it’s a state that doesn’t have an income tax! Going to school so far away and still living with mom?

40. pitpenguinsrulez - Aug 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM

As usual anything about Crosby on PHT always gets 80+ comments.

41. macalister5522 - Aug 12, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Crosby, you’re as much a human as the rest of those people. Please return to the back of the line and wait your turn.

42. seanb20124 - Aug 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM

If I caused a disruption, I would be locked up, not treated like royalty

43. navyeoddavee9 - Aug 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM

It’s been like that in pittsburgh, for a long time, celebrities get front of line privileges, as not to cause a ruckus or disturbance, makes total sense

44. ducksk - Aug 12, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Sid haters: use you snap card at flyers game. Really, this is news, really?

45. ndrick731 - Aug 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Maybe Cindy should learn how to use a computer and take care of that stuff online like most people. If he can’t figure it out maybe he can ask his butt buddy Mario how to do it.

46. jimeejohnson - Aug 13, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Hard to believe the great state of Pennsylvania doesn’t have online DMV services. I don’t wait on line for anything DMV related, anymore. Just renewed my license online, no hassles, for another 8 years. Of course, if you’ve got driving infractions on your record you have to wait on line with all the other criminals, I mean suckers who got caught by the cops, I mean poor schmucks!

Top 10 NHL Player Searches