Aug 10, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
Canada took home the gold in the Ivan Hlinka Memorial men’s under-18 hockey tournament on Saturday, beating the United States 4-0.
Michael Dal Colle, Jayce Hawryluk, Aaron Ekblad and Brendan Lemieux (son of Claude) were Canada’s goal scorers while netminder Julio Billia earned a 20-save shutout.
Head coach Dale Hunter (pictured) praised his team’s pride to the Canadian Press.
“When you put the Canadian sweater on, there’s a lot of pride,” Hunter said. “These kids here had a lot of pride and that’s what they’re going to bring when the [under-18] world championships come next year.”
The U.S. team seemed to take some positives away from grabbing the silver medal, at least according to their quotes from NHL.com.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 15
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 99
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115