Aug 9, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
It appears a deal for the NBA 76ers group to purchase the New Jersey Devils is close but not yet completed.
That’s according to Tom Gulitti, the Devils beat reporter for The Record, who, citing multiple sources, tweeted out Friday evening: “…that deal for 76ers group, headed by Josh Harris, to purchase Devils is not ‘done’, but headed that way.”
Source said purchase price of Devils was established for weeks & never an issue with bidders, but a lot of moving parts still involved.—
Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) August 09, 2013
Earlier in the day, FOX 29′s Howard Eskin first reported that the 76ers group, led by Harris, had agreed on a purchase price to buy the Devils from current owner Jeff Vanderbeek.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6