Aug 9, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
It appears a deal for the NBA 76ers group to purchase the New Jersey Devils is close but not yet completed.
That’s according to Tom Gulitti, the Devils beat reporter for The Record, who, citing multiple sources, tweeted out Friday evening: “…that deal for 76ers group, headed by Josh Harris, to purchase Devils is not ‘done’, but headed that way.”
Earlier in the day, FOX 29′s Howard Eskin first reported that the 76ers group, led by Harris, had agreed on a purchase price to buy the Devils from current owner Jeff Vanderbeek.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2