Aug 9, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
It appears a deal for the NBA 76ers group to purchase the New Jersey Devils is close but not yet completed.
That’s according to Tom Gulitti, the Devils beat reporter for The Record, who, citing multiple sources, tweeted out Friday evening: “…that deal for 76ers group, headed by Josh Harris, to purchase Devils is not ‘done’, but headed that way.”
Earlier in the day, FOX 29′s Howard Eskin first reported that the 76ers group, led by Harris, had agreed on a purchase price to buy the Devils from current owner Jeff Vanderbeek.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5