Aug 9, 2013, 8:03 PM EST
It appears a deal for the NBA 76ers group to purchase the New Jersey Devils is close but not yet completed.
That’s according to Tom Gulitti, the Devils beat reporter for The Record, who, citing multiple sources, tweeted out Friday evening: “…that deal for 76ers group, headed by Josh Harris, to purchase Devils is not ‘done’, but headed that way.”
Earlier in the day, FOX 29′s Howard Eskin first reported that the 76ers group, led by Harris, had agreed on a purchase price to buy the Devils from current owner Jeff Vanderbeek.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4