Aug 9, 2013, 8:03 PM EST
It appears a deal for the NBA 76ers group to purchase the New Jersey Devils is close but not yet completed.
That’s according to Tom Gulitti, the Devils beat reporter for The Record, who, citing multiple sources, tweeted out Friday evening: “…that deal for 76ers group, headed by Josh Harris, to purchase Devils is not ‘done’, but headed that way.”
Earlier in the day, FOX 29′s Howard Eskin first reported that the 76ers group, led by Harris, had agreed on a purchase price to buy the Devils from current owner Jeff Vanderbeek.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 5
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2