Aug 8, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
Forward Nikolai Antropov had three goals and 16 points in 26 KHL games during the lockout and it looks like he’ll probably head back there, according to Slava Malamud and Sport-Express. He reportedly has several KHL teams to choose from.
Antropov is coming off a four-year, $16.25 million contract with the Winnipeg Jets. When he originally signed with the then Atlanta Thrashers in the summer of 2009, Antropov was a potential top-line center that could play alongside Ilya Kovalchuk.
Although Kovalchuk ended up being dealt to the New Jersey Devils before the conclusion of Antropov’s first season in Atlanta, the now 33-year-old forward still scored 24 goals and a career-high 67 points in 2009-10. Unfortunately for Antropov, he slipped in the Thrashers/Jets’ depth charts as the years went on and ended up with just 18 points in 40 contests last season.
Antropov was originally selected by the Toronto Maple Leafs in 1998 and has 465 career points in 788 NHL games.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 141
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 116
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (144)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)