Aug 8, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
Forward Nikolai Antropov had three goals and 16 points in 26 KHL games during the lockout and it looks like he’ll probably head back there, according to Slava Malamud and Sport-Express. He reportedly has several KHL teams to choose from.
Antropov is coming off a four-year, $16.25 million contract with the Winnipeg Jets. When he originally signed with the then Atlanta Thrashers in the summer of 2009, Antropov was a potential top-line center that could play alongside Ilya Kovalchuk.
Although Kovalchuk ended up being dealt to the New Jersey Devils before the conclusion of Antropov’s first season in Atlanta, the now 33-year-old forward still scored 24 goals and a career-high 67 points in 2009-10. Unfortunately for Antropov, he slipped in the Thrashers/Jets’ depth charts as the years went on and ended up with just 18 points in 40 contests last season.
Antropov was originally selected by the Toronto Maple Leafs in 1998 and has 465 career points in 788 NHL games.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)