Aug 7, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
Swedish Hockey League club HV71 has agreed to terms with Aaron Gagnon.
Gagnon, 27, spent the last two seasons in Winnipeg, appearing in 10 games for the club in 2013 while scoring three goals.
Prior to his time with the Jets, Gagnon spent two seasons with the Dallas Stars organization, moving back and forth between the big club and AHL Texas, where he led the squad with 27 goals in 2009-10.
With HV71 Gagnon will be a teammate of veteran NHLer Jason Krog, who appeared in over 200 career contests with the Islanders, Ducks, Thrashers, Rangers and Canucks.
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 6
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 6
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 2
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 10
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)