Aug 7, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
Swedish Hockey League club HV71 has agreed to terms with Aaron Gagnon.
Gagnon, 27, spent the last two seasons in Winnipeg, appearing in 10 games for the club in 2013 while scoring three goals.
Prior to his time with the Jets, Gagnon spent two seasons with the Dallas Stars organization, moving back and forth between the big club and AHL Texas, where he led the squad with 27 goals in 2009-10.
With HV71 Gagnon will be a teammate of veteran NHLer Jason Krog, who appeared in over 200 career contests with the Islanders, Ducks, Thrashers, Rangers and Canucks.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11