Aug 7, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Swedish Hockey League club HV71 has agreed to terms with Aaron Gagnon.
Gagnon, 27, spent the last two seasons in Winnipeg, appearing in 10 games for the club in 2013 while scoring three goals.
Prior to his time with the Jets, Gagnon spent two seasons with the Dallas Stars organization, moving back and forth between the big club and AHL Texas, where he led the squad with 27 goals in 2009-10.
With HV71 Gagnon will be a teammate of veteran NHLer Jason Krog, who appeared in over 200 career contests with the Islanders, Ducks, Thrashers, Rangers and Canucks.
- Video: Drouin scores first NHL goal, shows early chemistry with Stamkos 1
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 11
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 17
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)