Aug 6, 2013, 10:37 PM EST
Not very long ago, it seemed possible that the Phoenix Coyotes would end their days in Glendale. Now it appears that Jobing.com Arena could very well host a future All-Star Game.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman didn’t commit to a specific year, but he told the Arizona Republic’s Sarah McLellan that it’s in the league’s plans.
“We’re going to do that at some point,” Bettman said. “I don’t know what the date is yet but it’ll be our pleasure to honor a commitment to bring the All-Star Game here.”
Coyotes alternate governor Anthony LeBlanc made it clear to Arizona Sports’ 620 on Tuesday that doing so is one of the new ownership goals.
“We have had the discussions with the league; that is part of our agreement,” LeBlanc said. “The time-frame is what’s in question because there’s a fair amount of work that has to go into it to ensure that the proper accommodations and (that) it’s not a conflict with another major event.”
One year that could probably be crossed off the list is 2015, as the Arizona Cardinals will host the Super Bowl then.
Bettman and LaBlanc indicate that it’s just a matter of time, though.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 86
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 96
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 180
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (97)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (94)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)