Aug 6, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
Blues coach Ken Hitchcock doesn’t have a lot of new faces in the locker room this year, but one of them already has his creative juices flowing.
Norm Sanders of the the News-Democrat shares that Hitchcock likes the fit of newly acquired forward Magnus Paajarvi working with with center Patrik Berglund. GM Doug Armstrong says it’s a natural partnership.
“Paajarvi has had some history with Patrik Berglund,” Armstrong said. “I like his size and skating and I have to believe –and my hope is — there’s a huge hunger there for him to start to define his career.”
We’ve written plenty here about Paajarvi’s arrival in St. Louis but having him on a line with a playmaker like Berglund provides the opportunity he needs to spark his career. One thing Hitchcock likes about his team is how there are many interchangeable parts.
“We’ve got flexibility all through our lineup,” Hitchcock said. “We’ve got a lot of guys that can play center and a lot of guys that can pay wing.”
His biggest struggle will be to find the combinations that help spark a Blues offense that lacks a dominant scorer.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 15
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 26
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 49
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (49)