Aug 6, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
Blues coach Ken Hitchcock doesn’t have a lot of new faces in the locker room this year, but one of them already has his creative juices flowing.
Norm Sanders of the the News-Democrat shares that Hitchcock likes the fit of newly acquired forward Magnus Paajarvi working with with center Patrik Berglund. GM Doug Armstrong says it’s a natural partnership.
“Paajarvi has had some history with Patrik Berglund,” Armstrong said. “I like his size and skating and I have to believe –and my hope is — there’s a huge hunger there for him to start to define his career.”
We’ve written plenty here about Paajarvi’s arrival in St. Louis but having him on a line with a playmaker like Berglund provides the opportunity he needs to spark his career. One thing Hitchcock likes about his team is how there are many interchangeable parts.
“We’ve got flexibility all through our lineup,” Hitchcock said. “We’ve got a lot of guys that can play center and a lot of guys that can pay wing.”
His biggest struggle will be to find the combinations that help spark a Blues offense that lacks a dominant scorer.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 12
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)