Aug 6, 2013, 9:10 AM EDT
Blues coach Ken Hitchcock doesn’t have a lot of new faces in the locker room this year, but one of them already has his creative juices flowing.
Norm Sanders of the the News-Democrat shares that Hitchcock likes the fit of newly acquired forward Magnus Paajarvi working with with center Patrik Berglund. GM Doug Armstrong says it’s a natural partnership.
“Paajarvi has had some history with Patrik Berglund,” Armstrong said. “I like his size and skating and I have to believe –and my hope is — there’s a huge hunger there for him to start to define his career.”
We’ve written plenty here about Paajarvi’s arrival in St. Louis but having him on a line with a playmaker like Berglund provides the opportunity he needs to spark his career. One thing Hitchcock likes about his team is how there are many interchangeable parts.
“We’ve got flexibility all through our lineup,” Hitchcock said. “We’ve got a lot of guys that can play center and a lot of guys that can pay wing.”
His biggest struggle will be to find the combinations that help spark a Blues offense that lacks a dominant scorer.
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 14
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 9
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 37
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)