Aug 6, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are almost making an art out of auctioning off strange things in the name of charity following their 2013 Stanley Cup run.
About a week ago, NBC Chicago passed along word that the team is auctioning off vials of melted ice for Chicago Blackhawks charities. Now it appears that Andrew Shaw is selling his (wait for it) stitches to benefit The “V” Foundation, according to CSN Chicago.
You’re not just getting a handful of spent stitches, by the way. The Facebook page reveals that the stitches will be “professionally framed” and will include an autograph from the 22-year-old. That fancy package will go up for bids between Aug. 15-25.
Here’s a slightly odd photo of the stitches:
In case you want to watch a rather amusing video on the Blackhawks’ ice-melting enterprise, the team’s Web site has you covered.
With all this in mind, here are a few suggested items for the Blackhawks to auction:
- Hair extensions comprised of Patrick Kane‘s mullet.
- Jonathan Toews‘ sideburns.
- Joel Quenneville’s mustache trimmings.
- Corey Crawford‘s glove.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 38
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 14
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54