Aug 6, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are almost making an art out of auctioning off strange things in the name of charity following their 2013 Stanley Cup run.
About a week ago, NBC Chicago passed along word that the team is auctioning off vials of melted ice for Chicago Blackhawks charities. Now it appears that Andrew Shaw is selling his (wait for it) stitches to benefit The “V” Foundation, according to CSN Chicago.
You’re not just getting a handful of spent stitches, by the way. The Facebook page reveals that the stitches will be “professionally framed” and will include an autograph from the 22-year-old. That fancy package will go up for bids between Aug. 15-25.
Here’s a slightly odd photo of the stitches:
In case you want to watch a rather amusing video on the Blackhawks’ ice-melting enterprise, the team’s Web site has you covered.
With all this in mind, here are a few suggested items for the Blackhawks to auction:
- Hair extensions comprised of Patrick Kane‘s mullet.
- Jonathan Toews‘ sideburns.
- Joel Quenneville’s mustache trimmings.
- Corey Crawford‘s glove.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)