Aug 6, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are almost making an art out of auctioning off strange things in the name of charity following their 2013 Stanley Cup run.
About a week ago, NBC Chicago passed along word that the team is auctioning off vials of melted ice for Chicago Blackhawks charities. Now it appears that Andrew Shaw is selling his (wait for it) stitches to benefit The “V” Foundation, according to CSN Chicago.
You’re not just getting a handful of spent stitches, by the way. The Facebook page reveals that the stitches will be “professionally framed” and will include an autograph from the 22-year-old. That fancy package will go up for bids between Aug. 15-25.
Here’s a slightly odd photo of the stitches:
In case you want to watch a rather amusing video on the Blackhawks’ ice-melting enterprise, the team’s Web site has you covered.
With all this in mind, here are a few suggested items for the Blackhawks to auction:
- Hair extensions comprised of Patrick Kane‘s mullet.
- Jonathan Toews‘ sideburns.
- Joel Quenneville’s mustache trimmings.
- Corey Crawford‘s glove.
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 0
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)