Aug 5, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Lindback, acquired from Nashville last summer, got the bulk of the starts before going down with an ankle injury and was perfectly average. While he went 10-10-1 he stopped pucks at a .902 clip with a 2.90 goals-against average.
Bishop was acquired later in the season in a deal with Ottawa that saw Cory Conacher go the other way. In his brief audition to show what he’s got, he went 3-4-1 and put up better save numbers (.914 SV%) than Lindback, but the goals kept coming (2.99 GAA).
It was a short season with small sample sizes all over the place for both goalies, but that has to worry folks in Tampa. Part of their struggles have to do with Tampa’s rather putrid defense as well as a mid-season coaching change with Guy Boucher swept out and Jon Cooper ushered in. Their inexperience at the NHL level didn’t help either.
Before last season the two goalies combined for 61 NHL games played with Lindback have just 38 of those he was brought in to be the man. Now they’ll battle it out to see who earns the starting nod. Buckle up Lightning fans, it could be a bumpy ride.
Mar 13, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Former Blue notches his 25th of the year.
Mar 13, 2014, 7:54 PM EDT
“They’re all over the place.”
Mar 13, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
He leads all Bruins defensemen in scoring.
Mar 13, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
Appeared in over 800 games with Hartford, Carolina and Philadelphia.
Mar 13, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
“They put in a system where we know we can win each and every game.”
Mar 13, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
The 42-year-old recently represented the Czech Republic in the Olympics.
Mar 13, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Also, what’s wrong with the Ducks?
Mar 13, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
‘Canes d-man shattered his heel last year.
Mar 13, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
It seems fitting that the Sabres are in town.
Mar 13, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
What could be more important than a hockey game against San Jose?
Mar 13, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Comments section should be interesting for this one.
Mar 13, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint…
Mar 13, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
After five straight losses.
Mar 13, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
The rich get richer.
Mar 13, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
“The whole time in my head I never thought about getting traded or leaving at free agency time.”
Mar 13, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
The Wild have a nice cushion, but a tough remaining schedule.
Mar 13, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
Just months after he demanded a trade out of Washington.
Mar 13, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
They have to adjust after losing Michael Grabner.
Mar 13, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
It looks like the Penguins might stick with that line going forward.
Mar 13, 2014, 9:01 AM EDT
Their pre-Olympic slump seems like a distant memory.
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 16
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 86
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 34
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 32
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (86)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)