Aug 5, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
Buffalo added some depth for the AHL team in Rochester.
The Sabres announced the signing of forward Jamie Tardif to a one-year, two-way deal. He comes over from the Bruins organization where he made his NHL debut last year playing in two games and going without any points or penalty minutes.
In the AHL, however, Tardif had a big season for the Providence Bruins scoring a career-high 30 goals in 62 games. He’ll likely slot in as a top-six player for the Rochester Americans and get a call from Buffalo when injuries arise. Looking at you, Ville Leino.
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 6
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 8
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 101
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 128
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (106)